Fuel/ oil questions

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
Ok so my truck runs just fine right now but could be better. I have a little extra $ to spend so i was thinking about upgrading the fuel system and hpop. Would i see much if any benefit from either with stock injectors and turbo? I was just thinking it might make it run smoother?

anyone that has or is running this same setup?

Whytry

Reaction score
I like my custom fuel system but I say you would see some power and response from the oil pump but I really didn't notice any difference with the fuel system on stock injectors.

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
truck is my DD and i plan on leaving it like this honestly. I just thought maybe it would help it run smoother and help the injectors life and be on the safe side for my hpop. just an idea that i stormed up one day lol

99xlstroker

Reaction score
Oh i see. Well have you looked into the fuel cross over (riff raff diesel) which connects both heads to the return on the fuel bowl and the high pressure cross over for connecting both sides of the high pressure cavity within the heads? Do you already have an intake and exhaust too?

Bulletproof7.3

Reaction score
Yeah have intake, 4 inch down pipe to 5 inch silverline exhaust ported compressor housing. Gauges built trans . Those are all my bigger mods. Looking to get rid of ebpv but don't really wanna take a turbo off again .

What does that fuel system do ?

cj45lc

Reaction score
Yeah have intake, 4 inch down pipe to 5 inch silverline exhaust ported compressor housing. Gauges built trans . Those are all my bigger mods. Looking to get rid of ebpv but don't really wanna take a turbo off again .

What does that fuel system do ?

It just gets rid of the dead end in the fuel supply by letting the fuel run from the opposite ends of the head back to the return. Probably not as good as a full reg return deal but I put one on my stock truck & am pretty happy with it as it gives the air someplace to go besides going thru the injectors. Did make a diff in the injector cackle.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Another thing that will keep your injectors happy is an oil bypass filter. You won't notice anything differently about drivability but oil filtered down to 2 absolute microns has to help with wear on the oil side of the injectors.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.