Gearhead Hot street tune

jwelborn6fo

Reaction score
So I'm kinda new to the 6fo & when I was running my hot street tune, I felt like I was running to much boost than normal. I am running a X4 with AFE cold air intake. So my question is for you guys who are running the same tune, how much boost are you pushing out?

ckrueg

Reaction score
Usually my boost is around 37-42, but it creeps up when in the later gears because the motor is loaded down more

jwelborn6fo

Reaction score
Thanks. Mine jumps up quick when I get on and it taps the factory guage out at 40 but I'm sure its more. I'm hooking gauges up this weekend so we will see

f350guy

Reaction score
That AFE is holding power back on the GH Hot Street tune. My Job 2, '09 kept pegging the filter minder closed once I loaded the tune, even in third gear before the converter locks in fifth.

It could be a combination of modifications, but I am still on the stock turbochargers and stock IC. I have basically all the air mods (IC pipe, EGR delete elbow, 4" downpipe) that are practical currently without major service along with a built trans and an RCD converter. Probably lowered my EGTs with a larger air intake now, but I have not bothered to check.

As to the boost, I think I saw 41psi when I had my SCT as my gauges. The blue display is terrible on my eyes and I have yet to buy an Edge Insight. The numbers were all okay with my driving so I just tossed it back in the safe.

Hope it helps.

Latest posts

Members online