H&S Easy Tune and Custom Trans Tunes

mortal798

Reaction score
Anybody combine the two yet? I have been running HD300 on various power levels along with the custom trans tunes - and I have been very happy with the shifting and overall driveability of my truck.

I changed my oil yesterday and didn't like how much fuel was in it. I am going for fuel economy, and I tow a big 5th wheel. I am not racing.

Has anyone tried to combine the EASY tune with any of the Custom Trans Tunes? I am guessing that the easy tune doesn't fuel it as much as the HD300...

Thanks as always for any input!

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
didnt know there was a "easy" tune...but im running the 300 hotdamn tune and shift schedule 1 low and tc locks up in 3rd. shifts into 5th at 48mph. i have no complaints on shifting. like butter, but not sloppy. firm, but not slamming gears.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
i just saw what you were talking about. its low hp tunes. i guess they are new. i clicked download and it doesnt do anything. guess they arent out yet? or maybe they are refining them.

mortal798

Reaction score
Update:

I downloaded the EASY tune, and then put the 2M trans modifier overthe trans files in the EASY tune.

Save yourself some time and trouble - to me, it shifted terrible. Right around 45mph it would make an upshift, then around 48-49mph it would make a down shift, then it wouldn't upshift again until 55mph.

I'm back to HD300 and 2M modifier. It shifts totally different using 2M withthe HD300 than with the EASY tune.

Do you tow a lot to use the S1 Low modifier? I would think early TC lockup would be nice for towing.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Update:

I downloaded the EASY tune, and then put the 2M trans modifier overthe trans files in the EASY tune.

Save yourself some time and trouble - to me, it shifted terrible. Right around 45mph it would make an upshift, then around 48-49mph it would make a down shift, then it wouldn't upshift again until 55mph.

I'm back to HD300 and 2M modifier. It shifts totally different using 2M withthe HD300 than with the EASY tune.

Do you tow a lot to use the S1 Low modifier? I would think early TC lockup would be nice for towing.

i havent towed anything heavy yet, but the surface streets around me are 40-45mph. so with the low im stuck in 4th the whole time untill i hit 48mph. and with the med lock it wouldnt shift to 5th untill 52mph if i remember right. i was also told that early lock up on S1 low is recommended for the drag strip...what size tires and gears are you running?

mortal798

Reaction score
i havent towed anything heavy yet, but the surface streets around me are 40-45mph. so with the low im stuck in 4th the whole time untill i hit 48mph. and with the med lock it wouldnt shift to 5th untill 52mph if i remember right. i was also told that early lock up on S1 low is recommended for the drag strip...what size tires and gears are you running?

Stock tires/wheels, 3.73 stock gears

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Stock tires/wheels, 3.73 stock gears

im same but i have 3.55...just try diff shift paterns and what not till you find what you like. i just updated my tuner and returned it to the default tunes with S1L . was running the hotdamn tune. but the issue i was having before was really touchy throttle. i would hit a bump in the road and my foot would do a twitch and the truck would start bucking till i let my foot off the throttle. because of me bouncing in the seat. it seems to be less touchy with the update. 6.4.7 i had 6.4.6

Latest posts

Members online