Help 2015 55000 miles tranny

Jakeleg

Reaction score
Guys a week ago driving home from ballgame my bone stock 2015 reg cab f350 lost tranny I think,just cruising 55 miles an hour and it felt something like something broke and lost all forward or reverse,it will shift to forward and reverse and hold park,local dealer finally got it in today said line pressure is good and doesn’t know exactly what broke but says tranny has to come out,pulled pan and valve body found very little metal a few pieces like pencil lead.I’m a year or so out of warranty and they are wanting to stick me for over 7000 grand for a rebuild,I told them I’d pick it up in morning. My question is any idea of what happened,I mean this is about of babied 350 around these parts pulled a few loads of cows and fertilizer but we have a lot of other farm trucks and I have a little half ton run around truck.Also what are my options is there a preferred builder or tranny guy for these trucks,dealer is of no help and I’m so pissed I want to fix and everyone around here is saying we just don’t have problems with these transmissions,I used to really think this truck was a cherry now I wished I would have traded the damn thing .

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
It seems that Midwest and a couple others have some units that are spoken of highly. Can't help you much on why, but maybe those that can will chime in. Haven’t heard of too many stock trucks loosing trannys though.

sootie

Reaction score
don't get too worked up...its just a transmission lol

I pm'd you an option...

Jakeleg

Reaction score
Thank you,I know it’s just a tranny and stuff breaks but this was just a little early��

Jakeleg

Reaction score
Finally got tranny out and to a guy to fix he called said broken intermediate shaft. Suppose to get parts next week,just thought I’d update post,thanks

Latest posts

Members online