How many miles on your 6.4?

Reaction score
I bought my 08 with 138k, deleted and tow tune at 140k. At 278k it finally cracked a piston. and for the entire time I have owned this truck, I pulled a 15k lb enclosed trailer around the country. Literally, the only thing I used the truck for. And when it let go, I was pulling my 52ft stacker trailer, across the CAT scales, 34,990lbs. I only ever did the basic maintenance, and i think 2 injectors. The truck did have a Mishi radiator when I bought it. I love the truck enough, that its getting a Choates WorkHorse longblock as I post this.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I bought my 08 with 138k, deleted and tow tune at 140k. At 278k it finally cracked a piston. and for the entire time I have owned this truck, I pulled a 15k lb enclosed trailer around the country. Literally, the only thing I used the truck for. And when it let go, I was pulling my 52ft stacker trailer, across the CAT scales, 34,990lbs. I only ever did the basic maintenance, and i think 2 injectors. The truck did have a Mishi radiator when I bought it. I love the truck enough, that its getting a Choates WorkHorse longblock as I post this.
How many hours?

Reaction score
To be honest, i have no idea. the hour meter never kept time. Every time the tuck went into the shop for maintenance, it would come back reset. i asked the shop about it and they claimed they didnt do anything to it. but im sure that its up over 6,000 hours. My 2007 6.0 had 7,500 hours on it at 320,000 miles.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Ok. That's not a pile of hours. I am sure mine is close to having major problems. Never listening to it.

I wonder how that worked? They must have been resetting something wrong.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Was it the original engine though. That's the question.

Reaction score
I dont let me truck sit and idle like some people. But most importantly, i drive it like it is a TRUCK. its designed to do work, and i drive it such. Keeping EGT's under 1150, RPM's under 3200 (and i have 4.30 gears), and regular, almost cult like, maintenance. People always forget about the water separator. I dont use any special oil, just basic Delo 400LE changed every 5,000 miles. Fuel filters every 10,000 miles.

Probably the first noise you need to listen for is the ticking from your valve covers (rocker arms wearing out). and checking the amount of blowby that you see coming from the oil fill. some oil smoke is normal, but if it starts to look like an old steam locomotive, prepare for a replacement. When mine finally let go, i had little to no warning. It didnt over heat, didn't even make a sound. It pushed the glow plug harness out and puked oil all over the exhaust manifolds. One big smoke show going down the interstate.

Latest posts

Members online