Impressed and happy.

zabeard

Reaction score
So I always get on here or the other site and mostly read stories of failure or stuff breaking. Thought I would post something encouraging. LOL This weekend I hooked up and hauled 15k~17k no problem for our annual camping/wheeling trip at the dunes. 5hrs up and 5hrs home. Ive had several issues with oil and water temps. Not this time.

Water was 196 on average and Oil was anywhere from 180-200 (Thanks to the aftermarket air oil cooler) Ambient air temp was anywhere from 70-90 and I was running 65-75 with stop and go traffic.

Anyway had a blast and the truck performed perfectly. Thought about trading it but now I think I will just keep it. 127k on the clock.

Pic of it loaded up.

100_0243.png

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Did you end up running a thermostat in your oil cooler instead of the plate you had controlling air flow? Those toys look more like rock crawlers, not sand dune blasters. :swordfight: Still looks like a blast.

zabeard

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Im glad its running so well lately. Just hope it stays that way. :D

Did you end up running a thermostat in your oil cooler instead of the plate you had controlling air flow? Those toys look more like rock crawlers, not sand dune blasters. :swordfight: Still looks like a blast.

I ran a thermostat all winter which worked great but I think it restricts flow too much in the summer because it would run too hot. It runs pretty well in the summer months without a thermostat. I have found a few other thermostats which take larger fittings. I may try one of those.

We do more trails and such with them but a bunch of friends and I always make this trip once a year.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
glad the thing seams to have all the bugs ironed out, good job on sticking with it and not giving up, its so easy these days to just throw away alot of hard work for something new and shiny

zabeard

Reaction score
oh trust me I have thought about going that route so many times. this truck isnt even that nice as far as scratches and dents but i just love it for some reason.

Latest posts

Members online