isspro ev2 boost gauge issue

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i just completed installing my gauges and the pryo and trans temp are working as they should but the boost gauge stays at 40 psi and doesnt move. i drove it a little hoping it would straighten itself out but it didnt. i unhooked it and when i plugged it back in a red light lights up then goes out under where is says turbo boost , then it cycles from 40 to 0 then back to 40 and stops. the gauge is brand new i took it out of the package this morning. what is wrong with it?
thanks guys

Pstroke96

Reaction score
all three gauges are grounded to the same spot. what does the red light mean? i didnt order the gauges with warning lights

Tom S

Reaction score
PM CSISPD and have him look at your thread. He is really good with the Isspro stuff.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Unplug the sensor and see what it does...

whether you ordered the warning light or not, it appears you have it! LOL

Check to make sure you installed the wires in the right location on the plug at the back of the gauge.

Unplug the sensor and let me know what it does.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i unplugged the sensor, it didnt do anything. turned the truck on with the sensor inplugged and it went to zero. turned the key off. plugged the sensor back in and when i got back in the needle was back at 40
the key was in my pocket when i plugged it back in

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Check the locations of your sensor wires where you plug them into the back of the gauge. It sounds like you may have them backwards.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
the wires are correct per the diagram that came with it, would i hurt anything if i reversed the black and green wires to see what would happen?

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Open the PDF I attached and check that. If not, contact your vendor, sounds like you have a bad gauge or sender.

Austin

Reaction score
Are the little red lights warning lights? I didn't think mine came with them.

I have never seen them turn on though, unless starting the truck. How do you set them?

Pstroke96

Reaction score
the wires match the ones in the pdf. which is more likeley to be bad? or should will i get both? id really prefer not to have to rewire an entire new gauge

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Are the little red lights warning lights? I didn't think mine came with them.

I have never seen them turn on though, unless starting the truck. How do you set them?

Yes, the red light is the warning light. Right now the end user can not adjust yet, but a user tool is in the works to adjust them. Pyro should be set at 1240*, Fuel pressure at 25psi and boost at 40psi...

the wires match the ones in the pdf. which is more likeley to be bad? or should will i get both? id really prefer not to have to rewire an entire new gauge

If you are sure your wires are correct I would bet the sender is bad, but it could be the gauge as well. Call your vendor on monday and chat with them. You can leave the wiring and just swap out the gauge and sender.

BUT, be sure the wiring is correct and there are no shorts where you went thru the fire wall.

If you have any issues shoot me a PM (BUT contact your vendor first!).

Pstroke96

Reaction score
im confident in my wiring my neighbor who does mobile electronics for a living helped my wire it all. plus the other two gauges are attached into the same locations for ground power and the dimmer but this one is the only one with an issue.
i just pm'ed cary ill let you know what he says

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i called isspro, and talked to Mike actually, it ended up being a loose wire at the back of the gauge. i pushed it in again and it worked as it should

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.