leaf spring bumper

Diesel X

Reaction score
Anybody know the part # for the rear leaf spring bumpers? Both sides are dry rotted. The part # that is on them is 1C34-4002-AA. It must be superceded to some other #. Tried to look it up on Sunrise Ford online parts to order them and it comes up no match. Tried other Ford sites and no luck. Tried even google and no luck.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
These?

images

They are called overload spring bump stops.

Diesel X

Reaction score
These?

images

They are called overload spring bump stops.

No they sort of look like a Kong toy for dogs. Kinda looks like the Michelin man. Not a real good description but the best I can think of. They are on the bottom front half leaf spring. My guess is the overload spring, not sure if that's what it is called.

Double Ott Ex

Reaction score
it is not an overload spring, but an anti wrap spring. it is to keep the axle from rotating under acceleration. it is not available itself. you would have to replace the entire leaf spring. the best thing to do is put f250 springs in place of the stock excursion spring.

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/ford-excursion-leaf-spring-swap-with-f250-springs

or barring that, doing something similar to the land-yacht mod. unfortunately my google foo is not working this morning and I cannot find any info on the land-yacht mod. there was a guy who developed this mod and for a short period manufactured a kit.

DOE

Diesel X

Reaction score
So much for a easy fix. What would happen if you continue to drive with them being bad? One side is bad at the top and one is almost gone? I thought I saw a universal bump stop for sale at Advance Auto that maybe can be modded. If I go with the spring swap don't I need to use the anti wrap spring? I thought I saw a rite up that said you have to. Can I use the factory lenght shocks? Just replaced the shocks.

Last edited:

Double Ott Ex

Reaction score
So much for a easy fix. What would happen if you continue to drive with them being bad? One side is bad at the top and one is almost gone? I thought I saw a universal bump stop for sale at Advance Auto that maybe can be modded. If I go with the spring swap don't I need to use the anti wrap spring? I thought I saw a rite up that said you have to. Can I use the factory lenght shocks? Just replaced the shocks.

I have not heard or read anything about keeping the anti wrap spring with the spring swap. the f250 never had it. that being said, a radius rod setup would still be an improvement over even the f250 spring. I bought my v/b codes from sd truck springs and got approximately 2+ inches of lift and my rig sits level with 41 inches to the top of the wheel wells. it also drives great now, I couldn't be happier.

here is the photos from my spring swap. my handle there is "sticker monster"...

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99-03-ford-excursion-forum/267858-x-codes-c-codes-installed-3.html

DOE

Last edited:

Diesel X

Reaction score
Wasn't really sure about the need for for the anti wrap spring. Thought I read it some where. Thanks for the clarification. I'm on the other side of the country and shipping would more than likely be insane. I'm leaning to the v/b springs. Just got to do get all the info I can before doing it. Did you use stock lenght shocks and the stock lenght track bar?

Last edited:

Double Ott Ex

Reaction score
Wasn't really sure about the need for for the anti wrap spring. Thought I read it some where. Thanks for the clarification. I'm on the other side of the country and shipping would more than likely be insane. I'm leaning to the v/b springs. Just got to do get all the info I can before doing it. Did you use stock lenght shocks and the stock lenght track bar?

shipping for just the bumpers wouldn't be too bad, but if you are going to do the spring swap there is no need for them. yes stock shocks and track bar. I got about 2 to 3 inches of lift over the stock excursion springs.

DOE

Diesel X

Reaction score
Thought for some dumb reason you were talking about the springs.:doh: Got some new bumpers at the local dealer. Going to hold off on the springs till the weather gets better. Working out in the driveway this time of year is no fun.

ajimenez0075

Reaction score
Did you use the stock shocks when you did the spring swap I am fixing to do the x spring swap and just wondering if I can still use factory length shocks

Latest posts

Members online