NADP Tranny

jdgleason

Reaction score
So in the aftermarket tranny world which is the best to buy??
Suncoast
Twisted
Nadp
Bts
If I rebuild mine were should I buy my clutches and converter?
Sorry for the derail. Hope you get taken care of. Downtime is a pita!

It depends on which tranny. the 4r100 I would take to BTS. They seem to be the best for the 4r. The 5r110 would be a personal toss up for me between NADP and Suncoast. Probably would come down to who was closer... and the 5r110w would be an elite modified suncoast without a doubt. All my opinion of course

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
It depends on which tranny. the 4r100 I would take to BTS. They seem to be the best for the 4r. The 5r110 would be a personal toss up for me between NADP and Suncoast. Probably would come down to who was closer... and the 5r110w would be an elite modified suncoast without a doubt. All my opinion of course

5r110 is what I have
What is the 5r110w? Never heard of such?
What's the word on twisted is that a good buy.??

jdgleason

Reaction score
5r110 is what I have
What is the 5r110w? Never heard of such?
What's the word on twisted is that a good buy.??

5r110w is behind the 6.4. Not sure if there is really enough difference to justify using a different trans builder, but I know that the elite suncoasts have been proven behind some high hp 6.4s. As for twisted, i only know one truck with a tranny from them- Brian Jelich. Since he has one of the fastest powerstrokes on the planet, they must know their stuff. I just havent heard or seen enough about them that I would recommend them or run one in a vehicle of mine without doing some serious research. BTS has a reputation that precedes them, as does NADP and suncoast. i think that twisted is a lot more prominent back east.... us landlocked states in the west are outta the loop lol (at least I am).

strokin6L

Reaction score
5r110w is behind the 6.4. Not sure if there is really enough difference to justify using a different trans builder, but I know that the elite suncoasts have been proven behind some high hp 6.4s. As for twisted, i only know one truck with a tranny from them- Brian Jelich. Since he has one of the fastest powerstrokes on the planet, they must know their stuff. I just havent heard or seen enough about them that I would recommend them or run one in a vehicle of mine without doing some serious research. BTS has a reputation that precedes them, as does NADP and suncoast. i think that twisted is a lot more prominent back east.... us landlocked states in the west are outta the loop lol (at least I am).

but Brian's truck is a 7.3 tho not a 6L

motoxracer42

Reaction score
5r110w is a torqshift according to atsg. i think they are the same thing lol. im very happy with nadp. they have amazing customer service. i would be even nicer if i lived closer though. shipping sucks. i have beat the crap out of my nadp trans over and over again, pass after pass and i have only hurt it once due to a miscommunication between eric and i. tuning is everything

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I have a bts 5r in my 6.0. So far it's held up great. I don't know the warranty offhand, think two years? He'll get shipping if there is a problem in that time frame.

Latest posts

Members online