Nail in vacuum Line

Rainmaker

Reaction score
I was looking under the hood today of recently purchased 7.3 L Excursion. I noticed somebody took a nail, flattened end, plugged up a vacuum line behind the passenger battery on the fender well it is a double plug. I pulled it out and there was a lot vacuum pressure on the line I plug it back into the relay assembly looking thing and have notice no difference. Was wondering if this was a cheap mod or somebody fooling a sensor? I read the DTCs still have P0470. Which I plan on cleaning it out when the time comes. Any ideas as to why so embody would do this and what does it do? It was plugged I to the red line.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The only red line I can think of is the boost reference line to the turbo. It was unplugged to allow the boost to go over 20psi or whatever the hell, 27psi,. That is NOT a vacuum line if you're talking about the red line.

Unless somebody replaced some lines and used a diff color vacuum line. What the op is describing sounds like the vacuum system on the passenger side fender well. There is indeed a solenoid over there too.

Rainmaker

Reaction score
Not that I am aware of, 4x4 is the only I haven't tried. It's definitely not the boost line, clear over next to the passenger side of the X. It's only about 3 inches of red. The rest is black and gray tubing after the adapter.

Rainmaker

Reaction score
That double plug in the drawing is definitely what I am talking about. I guess I will have to check it out.

Attachments

• 2009-01-19_012529_1121.pdf
    33.3 KB · Views: 60

powr2stroke

Reaction score
i found on my 99' that it was plugged like that when i got it . when i pulled the plug off and put it back on the little motor , my air would only blow out the defrost vents . the hubs never worked right anyway so i left it like that (plugged up).

Rainmaker

Reaction score
That's it there is a huge vacuum leak in the line. One hub checks out fine and the other leaks. I got a break line bleeder vaccum gauge from harbor freight, one hub holds pressure and the other doesn't, plus the line has a hole in somewhere. I stopped there and did't even check the solenoid. So back with the nail for now. Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Members online