Need a RSK driveshaft measurement

Tom S

Reaction score
I need a little help. Can I get a measurement centerline of the u joint cap at the axle to center line of the U joint cap the the transfer case for an Auto truck with a 3" RSK with SD springs. I am trying to explore my options here.

Thanks

Tom

Tom S

Reaction score
I have gotten one answer so far but sure would like to get a couple.

Front driveshaft measures 37-5/8" from center cap to center cap, this does not include the cardan joint.

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
I am asking because I found a new OEM driveshaft that was from the TSB for the F-250 to correct vibration. It added the double cardan joint. The price is good and but I wanted to factor in having to modify it for the cost. It would be nice to have a brand new driveshaft.

Tom S

Reaction score
Front driveshaft measures 37-5/8" from center cap to center cap, this does not include the cardan joint.

the part number is gone sorry but i got measurements

total ds length from yoke to yoke is 40.25 inches
from inner cv u joint to axle joint is 37.5 inches
from the far side of the slip joint to the axle 10.5 inches

hope thats helpful

If I am reading this right iit looks pretty consistent with the distance of 37.5 or 37 5/8 for the driveshaft itself length U-joint cap to U-joint cap no including the cardan joint. That will help quite a bit.

AZStang

Reaction score
I measured ±40.75" on mine. Hard to see the center of the joint on the T-case side.

Shawn

Tom S

Reaction score
I measured ±40.75" on mine. Hard to see the center of the joint on the T-case side.

Shawn

Shawn could you measure center of the cap at the to center cap on the shaft without including the cardan joint for me please?

Tom S

Reaction score
Well I compared my F250 driveshaft to the F350 driveshaft from the donor truck. The compressed length has the F250 shaft being about 1 inch longer. I also played with the shaft on my truck and the F-350 shaft had to be streched a bit in the current configuration.

I decided to go ahead and order a new old stock F-250 shaft that has the double cardan joint from the TSB for vibration. At 110 dollars I could not pass it up for new. Hopefully it works out.

Tom

Latest posts

Members online