Need help with run issue

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Hooked a hose to the fuel gauge adapter and put it in a container. Turned the key on and fuel came out strong. Poured some in the dry filter bowl with the lid off and it drained fairly quick. Is this a issue that the return regulator spring could cause? Seems likely its bleeding off all the fuel as fast as it comes in. Would the fix be as simple as a blue spring kit if that was the case?

It may drain back without a filter in it. There is a drain back valve in the standpipe that is more or less blocked off with a filter in and the cap tight.

Blue spring kit may help, as your pressure is low, but it’s enough to start and should run. It honestly seems like it’s probably something else. I can’t recall, is it smoking like a mother ****er when it runs? I had one I finally figured out a few months ago that was smoking like a bitch, wouldn’t rev, at times wouldn’t start, and ended up being the scoop for the egr had fell and plugged the rh up pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bismic

Reaction score
FYI - In 2005, a trap was added to the fuel supply line to prevent fuel from draining out of the secondary fuel filter housing. This fuel line cannot be retrofitted to earlier MY's.

That tells me that fuel draining out of the bowl in an '04 probably isn't an issue.

Diesel X

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Thinking maybe ipr valve or hpop could be the problem. Looks like Motorcraft cm5054 is the right part number for the ipr valve. Can anybody confirm this?

Diesel X

Reaction score
Turned out to be the hpop. Not sure if it was the original one or not. It has 203000 plus on the odometer and put about 75000 or so since getting it. I would suspect probably not original

Latest posts

Members online