NHDRA Phoenix 4/30/2016

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Sorry for the newbie question, but this will be my first legal/actual competition drag race. Is there somewhere i need to go to sign up, or is it all yhe day of the event? Ive done a bunch of test and tunes, and some for cash down n mexico :lookaround:, but havent ever been part of a sanctioned event.

Thanks in advance.

Jomax

Reaction score
Sorry for the newbie question, but this will be my first legal/actual competition drag race. Is there somewhere i need to go to sign up, or is it all yhe day of the event? Ive done a bunch of test and tunes, and some for cash down n mexico :lookaround:, but havent ever been part of a sanctioned event.

Thanks in advance.

You need to be part of the NHRDA. You can sign up at the event but it's a LONG line, and super annoying. I recommend signing up now on the NHRDA website.

Other then that, just paying extra because you'll be racing when enter firebird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yup! Plan is to even run in the sled pulls!

Id like to try it too, but dont know if im gonna break anything, and the truck is my daily driver. I may give it a shot though, aint never pulled a sled before.

ford_trck

Reaction score
My kids love the sled pulls and drag races, but they slow me down! So if I can go without them I do. Sled pulls are a blast. I used to do track prep and run in Illinois. We need more pulls out here in AZ!

ford_trck

Reaction score
If you guys are pulling the sled if the rules allow it out here make some axle stops. It makes a huge difference.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip bud. Ill see what i can do as far as building some that aint gonna hurt onthe drag strip :)

ford_trck

Reaction score
Make some that are adjustable. Usually you have to have 1 inch of movement before it hits the axle. Otherwise if the truck starts hoping then let out. That is the fastest way to break your driveline.

Jomax

Reaction score
Make some that are adjustable. Usually you have to have 1 inch of movement before it hits the axle. Otherwise if the truck starts hoping then let out. That is the fastest way to break your driveline.

What about extended bump stops like timbrens?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I may not be running now. Found fuel in the coolant this morning when putting a new intercooler and tubes on. Heads are getting ordered monday with a bunch of other go fast goodies probably...

ford_trck

Reaction score
What about extended bump stops like timbrens?

I don't think they would have a problem with them.
If you have air bags guys would run usually run max pressure on air bags. Also make sure your hitch height is as high as possible when running. There is usually a height limit.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I got my tickets tonight. Thanks for the suggestion jomax. Who else is gonna be going?

Latest posts

Members online