OBS picture thread:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
My 1994 F350

I know I am late to the party. Is that a Dana super 60 wide track axle? Or did you do fender flares to help with the bigger tires.

Also what year chevy mirrors do you have on there and do you have any close up pictures of the mirrors mounted?

Also, Are the rims 22.5s?

Nice pickup!!!

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Is there a lift on the 05 swap, or is that the 05 factory height?

2” level.
Still slightly higher in the rear, even though it doesn’t look it.
Checked with a long level haha.
The springs are unknown as far as weight rating.
They came with the entire chassis I got to grab the suspension off of.
Im sure the bumper comes into play as well

ghohouston

Reaction score
2” level.
Still slightly higher in the rear, even though it doesn’t look it.
Checked with a long level haha.
The springs are unknown as far as weight rating.
They came with the entire chassis I got to grab the suspension off of.
Im sure the bumper comes into play as well
Gotcha. I have the obs axles and leafs out from mine, got the old rivets torched out, and the rear leaf spring rear shackles out. I tried installing the sd leafs on the obs shackles. The front shackles are fine, but the rears won't accept the larger eyes of the sd leafs. I think what I'mgoing to do after talking with our welder at work is chop the section of frame off the sd where the rear hanger is, cut the top and bottom off of the sections, and weld them to the inner frame rail of the obs. Plus it will already have the correct bolt pattern for the sd hangers. It's taking way longer than I anticipated due to work and life lol. I bought a roller 07 f250 frame. It was a 6.0 truck, so I believe they will be a little heavier springs than say a gasser.

Attachments

• 20220330_173448.jpg
    20220330_173448.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 101

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Gotcha. I have the obs axles and leafs out from mine, got the old rivets torched out, and the rear leaf spring rear shackles out. I tried installing the sd leafs on the obs shackles. The front shackles are fine, but the rears won't accept the larger eyes of the sd leafs. I think what I'mgoing to do after talking with our welder at work is chop the section of frame off the sd where the rear hanger is, cut the top and bottom off of the sections, and weld them to the inner frame rail of the obs. Plus it will already have the correct bolt pattern for the sd hangers. It's taking way longer than I anticipated due to work and life lol. I bought a roller 07 f250 frame. It was a 6.0 truck, so I believe they will be a little heavier springs than say a gasser.

Looking good!
It will definitely ride way better.
And those rivets are no joke.
Took me forever with a grinder and an air chisel lol

ghohouston

Reaction score
I couldn't imagine trying to get them out with anything but a torch. Even after cutting the outer heads off, I originally tried to just hammer them out, and that was a no go. I mean I probably could have but it would take an eternity lol. Torch is by far the easiest way.

Latest posts

Members online