?? on trans tuning

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thank. I was doing it wrong then :(

So lowering line pressure and raising slip time should smooth up the banging in the 3-4 shift?

i would put the line pressure back where it was.

If you are banging that shift you need to lengthen the slip time untill it stops doing that and starts to feel alright. I am not a huge fan of modded solenoids. You might end up putting a factory solenoid back in to fix that.

Cknox121

Reaction score
i would put the line pressure back where it was.

If you are banging that shift you need to lengthen the slip time untill it stops doing that and starts to feel alright. I am not a huge fan of modded solenoids. You might end up putting a factory solenoid back in to fix that.

Thanks. hopefully gearhead can get it right. I just needed a quick fix.

So I have been told...we will see how it holds up.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Just for reference, I have been using the TOTAL SLIP maps to make changes. Should I be using the inertia maps or the Torque maps?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
total slip, i have never really figured out what the torque and inertia maps do. I was always able to make the changes i needed with the total slip maps

ckrueg

Reaction score
total slip, i have never really figured out what the torque and inertia maps do. I was always able to make the changes i needed with the total slip maps
Has anyone ever found what the torque and inertia slip tables mean? When I compared them to stock files, it appears h&s files are identical to stock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TD-5

Reaction score
Here's an excerpt from an article I found on the web, it kind of explains the torque & inertia phases of an up shift;

"A typical upshift event is divided into preparatory, torque, and inertia phases. During the preparatory phase, an on-coming friction element piston is stroked to prepare for its engagement while an off-going friction element torque-holding capacity is reduced as a step toward its release. During the torque phase, which may be referred to as a torque transfer phase, the on-coming friction element torque is raised while the off-going friction element is still engaged. The output shaft torque of the automatic transmission typically drops during the torque phase, creating a so-called torque hole. When the on-coming friction element develops enough torque, the off-going friction element is released, marking the end of the torque phase and the beginning of the inertia phase. During the inertia phase, the on-coming friction element torque is adjusted to reduce its slip speed toward zero. When the on-coming friction element slip speed reaches zero, the shift event is completed.
"
I also attached the article:

Attachments

• UP SHIFTING A MODERN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION.pdf
    146 KB · Views: 119

ckrueg

Reaction score
Here's an excerpt from an article I found on the web, it kind of explains the torque & inertia phases of an up shift;

"A typical upshift event is divided into preparatory, torque, and inertia phases. During the preparatory phase, an on-coming friction element piston is stroked to prepare for its engagement while an off-going friction element torque-holding capacity is reduced as a step toward its release. During the torque phase, which may be referred to as a torque transfer phase, the on-coming friction element torque is raised while the off-going friction element is still engaged. The output shaft torque of the automatic transmission typically drops during the torque phase, creating a so-called torque hole. When the on-coming friction element develops enough torque, the off-going friction element is released, marking the end of the torque phase and the beginning of the inertia phase. During the inertia phase, the on-coming friction element torque is adjusted to reduce its slip speed toward zero. When the on-coming friction element slip speed reaches zero, the shift event is completed.
"
I also attached the article:
Great info, I might try adjusting those parameters and see if I notice a difference. It might be the app but I canr see the link.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online