P0088 and doodled tune

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Got one that's throwing fuel psi too high. I changed frp sensor and harness. No Changes.

I have in the past been able to flash 6.4s with this code and have it fix them, if it doesn't then it's frp sensor or HPFP.

My question is, since this truck is doodled, then it's obviously tooned...

How can I, or do I even, need to update the calibration for this 88 code?

Is it negated since it's tooned?

Racer71

Reaction score
If they don’t have the tuner so you can return to stock, update then retune you may be out of luck

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Right..

Another question is, I actually did see the. Frp stick at a high value...

Does that cement the fact that it's a hard parts(pcv) failure and not a calibration issue?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Right..

Another question is, I actually did see the. Frp stick at a high value...

Does that cement the fact that it's a hard parts(pcv) failure and not a calibration issue?

Is it stock fuel wise? We did a twin pump kit on a truck here that kept throwing either the 88 or 87 code, can’t remember which but it turned out it was a jumper harness issue for the front pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sixfoh

Reaction score
I have a p0088 code come up on my 2010 6.4L as well. Ive carefully documented the scenario and believe it to be a tuning issue. What happens with mine is it will run fine until the FRT reaches >116°F AND i press the pedal enough to reach a FRP of >10500psi. The truck will then run about 5000psi more than desired FRP. The p0088 is then tripped as a pending code or an actual dtc depending on how long i hold the pedal in this state. Once i trip a p0088 the truck then goes back to running completely normal beside the CEL and 2250rpm limiting "limp mode". But FRP actual and desired match even as the FRT increases well beyond 118°F. If I overly baby the truck as it reaches 116°F FRT i can avoid the p0088 all together. My belief is this is a tuning issue. Some fuel quantity command and temperature table are overlapping in a bad way. But im not a master at tuning and this is my best guess as of now.

Truck is pretty built up, twin pumps, 60% injectors, turbos, cam, tunes, trans etc. Also the hpfp was replaced during the build about 22k ago and this issue has always existed since. Not ruling out a bad pcv or vcv. Just really hoping its not lol.

Racer71

Reaction score
The fuel table changes with fuel temp. One of the things they use for the new sotf tunes. By manipulating the fuel temp for different tables.

Sixfoh

Reaction score
CTC, my fuel cooler works as well. It typically keeps fuel 32-40°F above ambient temperature. Keep in mind this is with twin pumps.

Racer71, thanks for confirming that. Would you agree in my case its a tuning issue?

Racer71

Reaction score
It’s possible if whoever tuned it did it that way. Even the original calibration does this however, it’s one of many variables in the tuning equation. If the temps are staying within an acceptable range then it’s shouldn’t do anything wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.