P0607 - Control Module Performance code

webb06

Reaction score
New here, have this code show up on my 08, did searching forever.. connections, batteries etc. actually pulled drivers inner front fender, no chaffing of wires but disconnected harness, cleaned, reconnected harness, trouble code went away on its own..? So I thought, jumped in this morning same damn thing.. truck has less than 70k miles, I’m original owner, not driven hard etc. if needs a reflash? Can a reflash be done with a consumer tuner, such as a SCT? I’m out off ideas! Any help is greatly appreciated

Just by reading back through this thread it looks like TCM replacement is the fix.

Reflashing can only be done with IDS. No tuner will be able to do it. Luckily 6.4 tcm is plug and play. Find one at a salvage yard and put in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garrett_123

Reaction score
Did either of you guys figure out your problem?

I have the same code (P0607) on my 2010 with an H&S tuner. Tried returning to stock and then retuning. No dice. Batteries are right at 12.5 volts resting, but I haven't load tested them.

Im having problems with my tcm shifting in and out when getting into the throttle good did you replace your tcm ? What is the process of doing that I am running an H&s also and are the tcm all the same from 08-10 mines a 10

Garrett_123

Reaction score
Well, I finally got the code to clear, but it required a new TCM from Ford. I know it's probably not what you wanted to hear.

I had checked both batteries, and even swapped them out. Checked the connection on the TCM and PCM, and all grounds I could find. Cleaned battery cables, and still nothing. Finally gave up and bought a new TCM for the VIN of my truck.

Only bright side is that it didn't require any flashing from Ford. I returned the truck to stock, installed the new TCM, and then installed my tune. Finally no CEL!
Is their certain number I need to match from my computer to a new one ? I have a 2010 tuned with H&s when installing leave the old one plugged in return to stock then install new one and download the tune ?

Goober

Reaction score
Just by reading back through this thread it looks like TCM replacement is the fix.

Reflashing can only be done with IDS. No tuner will be able to do it. Luckily 6.4 tcm is plug and play. Find one at a salvage yard and put in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know it’s been a while but haven’t used truck much. Will a different part number work as plug n play? I have 7c3a-12b565-am, been looking and could only find the 8c3a-12a650-

Latest posts

Members online