PIS on that

zilla68

Reaction score
Well, all week I've had my truck down doing some stuff as time allowed.
I bought 230/100 injectors from Tim about 6 months ago and between kids/work/more work and more kids stuff finally got around to starting the install last weekend.
Let me preface this by saying my truck has always felt down on power, for over 5 years, (chip from gearhead helped some) but I've had what seemed like hard/crappy shifting, and LONG stretches needed to get on the highway. Running 315/75/16's I just figured it is what its supposed to be.

So off and on all week I've done injectors, glow plugs, new UVCH, all new pigtails top and bottom, comp cams valve springs, and smith bros push rods while I had it all down.
Finished up last night, and she fired right up, sounded good, and I smiled.
Buttoned up the intake etc this morning and thought I'd go for a spin.

With my gearhead tunes (havent' even installed my dyno proven tunes yet) I can only say HOLY CHIT, its never ran this good. NEVER.
I've burned up a half a tank today, running up and down the highway, pulling off to get back on the on ramp to be doing 80 at merge, I couldn't even hit 70 before ON the highway, let alone the freaking on ramp.

I could honestly say this is PROBABLY enough, but I can't freaking wait to see what it does with my t500 pump, strictly race efuel set up, JW valve body, d66 turbo I've had for 2 years now sitting in the box on the shelf, etc.

This truck simply runs amazing now, shifts don't bang and buck, so it had to be the injectors, nothing in/on the trans was touched, no tune change, still running the same tune I always did.

TIM, your injectors are like miracles, I'm simply amazed at how this truck runs, I always thought it is what it is, its a slow diesel. IT HAS TO be the injectors, as I doubt the other stuff I did enhanced the truck the way the injectors did.

Back out to go burn more fuel, this things a blast to drive now!:redspotdance::toast:

ToMang07

Reaction score
LOL, from the title I was figuring a bad experience!

Glad they woke the old girl up!

Latest posts

Members online