Possibly purchasing a 09 F250 next week and have a couple questions.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Hope this is the correct forum section.

If all goes correctly I'll have my car sold and be buying a 09 Harley F250 next week. Meeting with the owner tomorrow to check it out and test drive the truck.

Couple things, the owner said the radiator has cracked about 10k miles ago and was replaced under warranty. I know this is a some what common issue with 6.4 trucks but was under the impression it was an early 08 issue. Those of you that have delt with this on your 6.4 was the OEM radiator replacement a complete fix or do I need to look aftermarket for a better quality unit?

Second, the trucks at 51k miles currently. Owner stated the factory warranty was up at 60k. Do the 6.4's have a 100k drive train warranty? I can throw a extended warranty on the truck no problem, but want to make sure the drive trains covered for a good while.

Any heads up on additional things to look for? Thanks in advance guys..

Jon

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Second, the trucks at 51k miles currently. Owner stated the factory warranty was up at 60k. Do the 6.4's have a 100k drive train warranty? I can throw a extended warranty on the truck no problem, but want to make sure the drive trains covered for a good while.

The engine is covered up to 100k...not the entire powertrain

mortal798

Reaction score
Diesel engine components are covered to 100,000 miles. The factory radiators seem fine - as long as they don't crack, or they have been replaced. Keep an eye out for upper radiator hose leaks, there was a redesigned hose with 2 o-rings instead of 1.

And, if you are going to get an extended warranty, try to get the Ford Dieselcare. After market warranty companies are a pain in the a$$ to deal with.

Then get a DPF/DOC delete, intake, and programmer. You will love that truck! :thumbup:

Latest posts

Members online