Power door lock foil fix redux....

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So far Im 3 hours into the drivers door. Yeah JUST the drivers door of my wifes excursion.

I have sucessfully removed the power door lock motor via mangling the 2 metal rivets and the case where they went thru.

That video posted in this section made it look sooooo easy :(

Im getting to old for this stuff...

Thats all for now, carry on....

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
Sorry you are having trouble....my first one took about an hour and a half, now I can do it from start to finish in 45min or less!

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I failed royally. I go the foil wrapped around the plate and got it back together but it still just twitches and wont lock and unlock on its own. So I guess its new lock motors for the excursion.

If I was 20 years younger it wouldnt of been as bad just the rod locks and stuff are hard to get undone for me in the door.

Still a handy howto that was posted just didnt work on mine for some reason.

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
You may have cut the foil when putting the resistor back into its place, in which case, the contacts are only touching the resistor, and not bybassing it with the foil. I did that once by wrapping too much foil...luckily I caught the tear in the foil before I put it all back together.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If it wasnt so hard to get back in there Id try it again but as long as it took me Im just going to replace them. Thanks though.

7.3 X

Reaction score
The 1 cent door fix! A cut up penny for the win! screw the foil:naughty:

Latest posts

Members online