Rear driveshaft help.

Tom S

Reaction score
If they do that how do the get the grease to travel around the diameter of the splines?

worldwide73

Reaction score
I have a *hevy truck that had the clunk problem like crazy. Greased it about every week and still wouldn't go away. Took it to my local shop and they did something to it and they won't tell me what. The ended up putting a hard rubber ball in the yoke to help keep it pushed out so it would stop clunking. Needless to say it has worked for the last 40,000 miles.

jngreen

Reaction score
If they do that how do the get the grease to travel around the diameter of the splines?

I wouldn't think that it would work very well. Then again maybe the grease would travel better than I think it will.

I know the older style has a groove machined into the splines for that very reason.

Tom S

Reaction score
I wouldn't think that it would work very well. Then again maybe the grease would travel better than I think it will.

I know the older style has a groove machined into the splines for that very reason.

That is kind of what I was getting at or else it is just going to take the path of least resistance.

jngreen

Reaction score
That is kind of what I was getting at or else it is just going to take the path of least resistance.

Yep, take the path of least resistance running right down one spline right out the end of the yoke. Thats how I'm picturing it anyway.

Latest posts

Members online