Rear hatch glass replacement

skevac

Reaction score
Broke the rear hatch window out of my Excursion today. Took it all apart so that I could shop vac all the glass out of the door frame. If I get a new window does it just bolt to the rear frame? That's what it looks like to me but need an answer from someone who knows for sure. If that's actually the case I'll try and find one myself and have it fixed tomorrow. Also while on the subject is an aftermarket glass ok or should I stick with an OEM? Thanks in advance.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Stick with oem!! They do just bolt in but it's good to replace the butyl tape that makes the seal. And the whole latch/handle assembly can be a Pita. It has to come out for the glass to go in.

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Getting ready to start stripping mine down for paint prep in the near future. It's nice to know ahead of time what you're up against. I did one back in '04, but that was so long ago I couldn't remember

skevac

Reaction score
Went with aftermarket. That's what my insurance would pay for. Pretty simple to do. Was right there when the glass company put it in. Could have done it myself if I'd had the tape and glass. I had what was left of the old glass out and cleaned up before the glass company got here. I got the last glass in the state of Michigan when it got done. Not sure if they're getting old & aren't making them anymore or what?

deejay

Reaction score
I would like to replace the rear hatch / seals on my ’03 Excursion. Any suggestions on what and where to get and what is available as upgrades? Thanks, Deejay