Rear view camera HELP

Broke4smoke

Reaction score
I currently have 04 SD. I lucked out and got a 2014 SD tailgate w/camera I also got the mirror with it. I've tried to get it wired up before I put it in the truck. I have a 12v battery, tailgate and mirror all Infront of me. There is a 6 pin plug from the tailgate that has wires purple/grey grey/purple ( video wires white/green brown/purple with shielded ground). Mirror- green/purple black blue/white ( video wires white/green brown/purple with shielded ground) I tried wiring it up
Tailgate
+12v purple/grey
Video+ white/green
Video- brown/purple
Shielded ground
Grey/purple?Nothing I also tried +12v
Mirror
Reverse +12v green/purple
-12v black
+12v blue/white
Video + white/green
Video- brown/purple
Shielded ground
That's how I believe it's hooked up. So I conected +12v to the tailgate purple/grey the videos + white/green videos - brown/purple shielded ground to the mirror with the same colours. I didn't connect the grey/purple from the tailgate. The mirror wires green/purple (reverse) connected +12v just for testing. Black wire -12v and +12v blue/white. Tested didn't get anything on the mirror. I've recently tested the mirror and camera on my buddies 2015 SD and everything works. I must have it wired wrong any HELP would be appreciated! Thanks

Latest posts

Members online