Restoring a camper shell. Which brand paint should I use?

dirtboy25

Reaction score
I want the paint to match my factory F1 Vermillion Red.

I'm finding all sorts of paint online but I can't get a brand to go with it.

I need 1 quart and I don't want the cheap sh!t. Cheap is nice but, I don't want to have to worry about the finished look.

Thanks,
Kenny.

Tonka350

Reaction score
PPG or go right to ford and get their company and use ford paint if you want a direct match!!! that'd be your best route.

Chad

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Where can I get PPG? Is there a site that I can get it already matched and shipped to my door or can I get it at an Orielly's or Autozone?

I'll hit up the Ford Dealership tomorrow. I'm assuming they're going to want an arm and a leg though.

Everything I'm finding is between $100-$150 a quart.

Tonka350

Reaction score
yeah red is one of the most expensive paints.....it's not going to be cheap but if you want a DIRECT match I'd go to ford and get a quart from them, it will be the actual color code and exact color match of your truck....minus it being 12 years old and faded a little....nothing a good buffing and claybar can't bring back :)

Chad

dirtboy25

Reaction score
so.... I'm a little short on money. I have the paint, compressor, filters, gun, sanders, and a shop but, I've never painted anything.

I just loaned a ton of money to my parents and I'm a bit shy on cash right now so I've been kicking around the idea of just painting the camper shell myself.

Would anyone recommend this? It is fiberglass and it could use a bit of bondo work. Definitely some on the top because there is a hole in it and a bit in other spots due to deep scratches.

Anyone here have any tips? I'm pretty good with a rattle can LOL but I have no experience with a real paint gun.

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Well,... Scrap the above idea. I'm taking it to get painted tomorrow, hopefully I'll have pics by the end of the week. I'm excited to finally get it painted.

Latest posts

Members online