SCT x4 different strats. How to test.

Ronman

Reaction score
Follow up to my last post. Long story short. Was given tuner with custom tunes loaded. Going from 2015 to 2015. He also gave me the complete exhaust/*** etc ****** and egr plugs. So I called manufacturer and custom tune dealer. Custom tuner told me to load the tunes and if they load then they will work. So I just successfully loaded the "must load first tune" and the street tune.

Is this all I need to do to know it will work? I still need to install the exhaust but don't want to tackle that unless I know these tunes are working? Or can I start the truck? Also, do I have to do the plugs at the same time or can I do these later?

Just trying not to screw something up.

Last edited:

wackyman9

Reaction score
It's not the years of the Truck that matter, it's whatever strategy is currently loaded in both trucks. If the tunes were written for an older Ford flash and you have a newer Ford flash, there may be complications.

For instance, I did the same thing, bought a used tuner from a guy with an 08 but he never had a newer Ford flash done and I was current. I plugged the tuner in, flashed successfully and went to try it out and then presto, I had no D, every gear was reverse...

All I'm saying is that if there is any way to verify his truck and your truck have the same "stock" Ford strategies then you are at a great starting point, if not it's a shot in the dark...

And make sure, important most of all, that you have a way to save and install your stock flash before downloading a custom tune into the Truck...

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Just pull all the connectors to the DeePeeEff and/or the EGR, turn the key on but don't start. If it was successful then you won't get any CEL or warnings. If it wasn't successful, well you'll know!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.