Shocks

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in the market for shocks at the moment and was planning on going with Bilstein 5100's but was curious if you guys had any other recommendations for shocks in roughly the same price range? Was looking at the Pro Comp MX2.0 as well...

Have a set of 5100's on my bosses '08 but the front are blown after 20k miles so I don't know if i'm 100% happy with them. :doh:

TripleE44

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Icons are rebranded, specifically valved bilsteins for their lift heights. If they have them for your truck at that height I'd definitely go with them. They're really valved for our trucks weights and all plus they have a nice clear coating on them that makes them much easier to take care of. Ive got 5100 stabilizer shocks and Icon shocks for my suspension and they look 1000x better and I don't ever deal with salt or anything even.

Again, I'm pretty positive they're the same shock, but the specific valving is they key here for ride quality.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Icons are rebranded, specifically valved bilsteins for their lift heights. If they have them for your truck at that height I'd definitely go with them. They're really valved for our trucks weights and all plus they have a nice clear coating on them that makes them much easier to take care of. Ive got 5100 stabilizer shocks and Icon shocks for my suspension and they look 1000x better and I don't ever deal with salt or anything even.

Again, I'm pretty positive they're the same shock, but the specific valving is they key here for ride quality.

ICON (actually when they were Donahoe Racing) used to use Bilstein to supply their shocks, and at one point Edelbrock. But not any more.

David N

Reaction score
Can we get a link to those ICON Shocks? I know the website... but which shock would us guys need? I just have a 2" leveling kit up front. Everything else is stock height. Or are stock shocks sufficient?

White_monster

Reaction score
I'm sure happy with my Rancho 9000's. They are adjustable via a dial for the dampening circuits. They aren't expensive, right around the Bilstein price maybe even a bit cheaper. Bigger bodies and bigger shaft. That's my 2 cents.

chappy

Reaction score
Yep icons and they have a nice clearcoat finish as well. I have been curious about the bds shocks. i think they are the platinums or something but they look like the 5100's. As for the 5100's blowing out at 20k,it happen. Its not likely to happen again but you never know and the are fairley cheap i think compared to what they cost for some trucks like my wifes 05 f150. I think there $350 for her truck but $200 for mine.

Latest posts

Members online