Silver Lake dunes

coxracen43

Reaction score
Going with a couple buddies in June and want to know what to expect or prepare for? Also looking what wheel and tire setup to run for my truck? Thanks!

NEVRNF

Reaction score
Permit is required from the DNR. They have a station set up to purchase it there. Front mounted flag is required. They sell them and quick no drill mounts at the stores at the entrance. Less agressive tires are better. All terrain tires with a wider foot print work best as to not dig in and sink.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Permit is required from the DNR. They have a station set up to purchase it there. Front mounted flag is required. They sell them and quick no drill mounts at the stores at the entrance. Less agressive tires are better. All terrain tires with a wider foot print work best as to not dig in and sink.
nailed it

live life full throttle

greyford1979

Reaction score
When we went we aired down to 15psi in the front and 12psi in the rear and had no issues getting through the sand. I would make sure you have a good tow strap though just in case. I know mine came in handy when I towed a broken Jeep Wrangler out of the dunes into the parking lot. Also have some tools with you, you never know. My brother and I both had to change a drive shaft u-joint when we got back home.

coxracen43

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Gonna be bringing the dirt bike also to ride. Right now I have 20x12 with federal couragias and thinking about running those.