Southbend doouble disc 750hp clutch

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
I need a new clutch soon, the stock clutch slips on the RCD 450 tune. I know this clutch sounds like road kill but my GCWR sometimes exceeds 30,000 and I'd rather have too much clutch then not enough. I wan't to get the Southbend double disc 750hp clutch but I'm a bit worried about pedal pressure because I don't want it to be too stiff for daily driving. Anyone have experience with this clutch or advice on another?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I need a new clutch soon, the stock clutch slips on the RCD 450 tune. I know this clutch sounds like road kill but my GCWR sometimes exceeds 30,000 and I'd rather have too much clutch then not enough. I wan't to get the Southbend double disc 750hp clutch but I'm a bit worried about pedal pressure because I don't want it to be too stiff for daily driving. Anyone have experience with this clutch or advice on another?

Go with the 3850 dual disc if still available. Its the same price as the 3750, when i bought mine. Like u said i rather have more clutch then needed. When u order it make sure u get the upgraded shift too and the pedal pressure will be almost the same as stock. If u keep the stock shift fork ur leg will hate u. I made the mistake of not getting it and they gave it to me since i was having problems. Also get the short throw shifter from midwest trans and u will be set for shifting.

87jumpy

Reaction score
Go with the 3850 dual disc if still available. Its the same price as the 3750, when i bought mine. Like u said i rather have more clutch then needed. When u order it make sure u get the upgraded shift too and the pedal pressure will be almost the same as stock. If u keep the stock shift fork ur leg will hate u. I made the mistake of not getting it and they gave it to me since i was having problems. Also get the short throw shifter from midwest trans and u will be set for shifting.

:whs:

I had the 750hp clutch and its currently at south bend. I wish i would have went with the 850hp. Don't cheap out the first time, cause its no fun doing it again in 3 months

Shift fork and short throw shifter are getting installed this time, along with egr delete

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
Why should I get a new shift fork from southbend? What gain is there and what would it do? Isn't the 850hp double disc clutch a competition clutch and the 750hp clutch is the street dual disc clutch?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Why should I get a new shift fork from southbend? What gain is there and what would it do? Isn't the 850hp double disc clutch a competition clutch and the 750hp clutch is the street dual disc clutch?

Well the experience i had with my 850 clutch the stock fork has clearence problems and it bends under the plate load and causes hard shifting and cause release problems. I drove around like that for 9 months then something went wrong with the clutch and they rebuilt my clutch and gave me the upgraded shift fork and so far if feels like stock. The only reason i went with the 850 is cause the 750 and 850 were the same price and like u said before id rather have more clutch then not enuff. Nobrainer for me :slap:

tensixniner

Reaction score
What does this new Southbend shift fork look like? ... Is it a modified stock piece?
Anyone have any pics?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
What does this new Southbend shift fork look like? ... Is it a modified stock piece?
Anyone have any pics?

I didnt take any pics of mine cause i was in a rush to get my truck runnin again. It is a reworked stock shift fork. It is clearenced in two spots and they cut a section out and replaced it with stronger steel. Much stiffer now.

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
Is the 850hp double disc clutch a competition double disc or street double disc? How much extra is the shift fork?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Idk but it is a great dd for me no problems. U will have to ask south bend about the fork i got mine under warranty.

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
you got a link to the short throw shifter?
customer is running the 3600 southbend and has had no issues and it pushes ineasy. they "beefed" his up before they sent. said it would hold 800hp. was kinda jumpy when you took off till we added the trackbars.

tensixniner

Reaction score
Got mine from Midwest Transmission. It's very nice. I'll post a pic if I can find it.
It's not on their website, call and ask for Dan he'll have it.

What traction bars did u go with?

tensixniner

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the short throw shifter I got form Midwest Transmission.
It's for the 2008 and up ZF6. The earlier years have a different 2 bolt mounting flange for the stick.

Attachments

• Midwest Trans 08 Superduty ZF6 Short Shifter (4).JPG
    Midwest Trans 08 Superduty ZF6 Short Shifter (4).JPG
    759.2 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.