Strictly Diesel Blog

davey99ps

Reaction score
Very well said Dennis while still remaining professional about it. Like you said, it's by no means a new phenomenon, it does however seem to be happening more an more. It's not fair to the guys like you who take the time to design a product that not only works great an lasts, but you also stand behind it as well when something goes wrong. Unfortunately it seems like there's less an less innovators in this industry now an more copy cats. I don't have a problem with the guy working out of his garage on a budget an using someone else's fuel system as a guide to make his own for his own truck, but when that person starts mass producing that copy any taking money out of your pocket, then I have a problem with it. I also have a lot of respect for the way you conduct yourself online, you bring it to people's attention without stooping to the rip off's level by name calling an all that. I look forward to buying more of your quality, original, parts

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I hope that people realize that I'm not just complaining about my own stuff getting copied. I'm angry that it's being done to my friends and colleagues in this business that have worked just as hard as I have. There are new businesses popping up that seem to be hell bent on following the "copycat business model"...WTF?

davey99ps

Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I hope that people realize that I'm not just complaining about my own stuff getting copied. I'm angry that it's being done to my friends and colleagues in this business that have worked just as hard as I have. There are new businesses popping up that seem to be hell bent on following the "copycat business model"...WTF?

I know your not just complaining for yourself, but you have every right to. These places are literally stealing from you, they stold your design an then are stealing sales that should be going to you. I will not give people like that any business if I can help it, it's guys like you who are actually doing the work that deserve the business. It's kinda sad how lazy people have gotten, an how many are just looking to make quick easy money. It's to bad they can't come up with their own stuff

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Its even worse when they farm the work out to "overseas" labor. I know of several products on the market that started as high quality US made innovations...and are now being copied (a few by more than one company) using overseas parts and labor (to save a buck). Sad.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Its even worse when they farm the work out to "overseas" labor. I know of several products on the market that started as high quality US made innovations...and are now being copied (a few by more than one company) using overseas parts and labor (to save a buck). Sad.

Well that's all the more reason for me to keep running your products an the stuff you sell. I'd rather pay a little more for American made stuff an for great customer service. Glad there's still a few reputable shops like yours around

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thank you Dennis, I couldn't have gotten more enjoyment out of that blog post. I hope that the "competitor", if you can call them that? reads this too. No one is willing to be innovative anymore, Americans are becoming like the Chinese. Keep up the work Dennis, those who have their head on their shoulders will always be there as customers. Companies that copy crap arent around that long usually. This really reminds me back when EFI live became available, especially of all the companies ripping off tunes built by others and sold as their own.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I can think of a few people that need to read this and follow it... Good job dennis, you always act professional and that goes a long way in my book.