subs?

JD18

Reaction score
was wondering if anyone has up-graded their audio system in these trucks.
been considering replacing the factory 10 and was wanting some ideas

:redspotdance:

Chris

Reaction score
i ditched the factory sub and went to 2 10 jl w3s behind the seat w/ a 500/1 jl amp. for the doors i did focal components and a jl 300/4 amp. Sounds is incredible, favorite mod on the entire truck actually.

the 10w3s have a good tight bass but theyll get loud if you want. id recommend dynamatting (or the equivalent) at least the back wall and the doors. the back glass in the 08+ trucks seems to be more prone to rattle than the 99-07 back glass. the dynamat got rid of 95% of it tho.

Chris

Reaction score
no i went to a pioneer. if i had factory nav i think i would have kept it. one of our customers did a setup very similar to mine and he kept the factory head unit and it sounds awesome too. sometimes i wish i would have kept the sync.

JD18

Reaction score
i dont have the factory nav but i want to keep my sync.. im just wondering if it will sound good with the factory head unit and not a good aftermarket unit

Chris

Reaction score
the one ive heard sounded pretty good. a lot can be had by doing rear speakers in the rear doors, instead of the factory location behind the seat. when i did the focals i moved them there in a custom box built into the door pocket and it made a huge difference.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Dillehay retained all his factory nav sync etc and added a JL cleansweep to run his amps off of...

Ackool

Reaction score
i had kicker l7 12s and these are way cleaner than them unless you push them to the max which takes a lot of wattage but if you just want a good all around system id do one dc level 4 10 with a good box and amp

utlonghorns416

Reaction score
Your factory sub is a 8" not a 10". So its going to sound way better, when you get a 10". I had a jl audio stealth box in my 6.0 and it sounded awesome. JL is the way to go. When you get your box make sure you buy the right one. They have boxes for trucks w/o sliding glass.

Latest posts

Members online