subwoofer in center console???

zilla68

Reaction score
I posted this in the wrong spot, so here it goes again.

I picked up a 2001 ford f150 super crew 2wd king ranch with quad buckets and center consoles front and rear.

I haven't dabbled in audio in about 12 plus years.

This is for my son who turns 15 next month, so I have a year to play with before he's driving, but I'd like to do this myself.

how does one go about installing a sub in the enclosure?
i'm sure I can handle it, just haven't seen much of anyone doing this.

with all the guru's on here, I figure someone might have done this.

really would like to keep it out of sight, but I could always do it behind the seats in the back, just thought it would be cool \to do in the consoles

where do I start??
I've done a lot of systems back in the 80's, 90's and up to 2003 and then left it all stock UNTIL NOW!!

i'd like to have a pretty bad ass system in here for him, he's a great athelete, straight a student, i'd like to reward him for his hard work and give me a little something to use as a bargaining chip if he strays off his current path!! lol

David1089

Reaction score
If its factory consoles I've seen some interesting setups where the sub is mounted in the bottom of the console facing down and sealed but it's been years since I've looked into audio systems. I think pro armor or something like that builds the boxes. Kinda pricey if I remember correctly. Last time I looked at this was 2010. Hope I helped you some brother wish I had more info.

SandroLakeandBay

Reaction score
I have a JL setup in my 04 F250 when the sub hits under my console it shakes the cup holders and drives me crazy. If I could do it again, I would do it under my rear bench in the center. Hope this helps.

zilla68

Reaction score
back in 03 I had a f150 supercrew and did a single 10" solobaric under the seat, and it was ridiculous, sounded great, but with these buckets in the back I can't do that, different seat set up.
I might have to pull the buckets out and see what I can build to go behind them. there's a compartment back there for the jack and looks like it might be deep enough for a box.

zilla68

Reaction score
Can u post any pics of the interior?

I can, but I keep the truck in storage, so I won't drive it, because if I do he's getting my daily driver impala lol, I loved my old 03, and I really like this one, just have to keep myself from taking it over.

zilla68

Reaction score
here's one on off the net, looks just like this

Attachments

• kr1.jpg
    kr1.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 106

Snake

Reaction score
A friend converted my center console to a box with 2 JL 10's in it. He's no longer making the boxes (as far as I know mine is 1 of 1), but I'd be happy to take some pics.

zilla68

Reaction score
Did u click that link seeing that 10" sub in the center console?

yes, but basically he cut the top off, made a box and reattached the top part to the box from what I can tell.

I don't think the sub in the console will work for me, I might have to go behind the seats with a box.

Snake

Reaction score
You nailed it. The wrapped piece is a sealed box and the top piece is from the original console. I ended up with a storage area that's 4" deep instead of the grand canyon center console.

The way its put together is pretty ingenious, and I honestly don't think I have any pics of how it's constructed. Which gives me a good excuse to take some tomorrow. LOL

Latest posts

Members online