timing differances

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Does anybody know why the timing is differant in an auto vs. a manual? In the upper rpms its higher, and at the limit its 2 degrees higher. Is there any differances to the engine or is it only because it has an automatic?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Heres two screen shots of hd 300 tunes. The first one is the auto file and the second one is the manual.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 163

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Anybody have any ideas yet? If it wouldn't mess things up i would like to maybe try the timing of the auto on my truck. But there has to be a reason why they are only doing this on autos. I'm just not sure as to why yet. Is it because the automatics can keep load on the engine while shifting or because they have more driveline losses and are compensating with some more tuning:shrug:. Sorry but just thinking out loud. Just really curious if it would be safe on a manual.

BFT

Reaction score
Maybe because there is no torque slip on a manual? (well, unless you have a clutch that doest hold power)

powerstroked08

Reaction score
yeah who knows:shrug: I just would like to know why i guess. I did compare the stock files and there the same timing on the tables that i looked at, but the "tuned" files i looked at were differant in the top end.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Hard to say. I would leave the timing around 15degrees anyway but I don't really understand why they are different

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah i guess thats what im going to do. Just leave it alone and keep on playing with other things! Thanks for the ideas guys, if you find anything out post it up id love to know the reasoning!

torque beast

Reaction score
If I was to guess it is because you lose all boost when shifting gears and lower timing will help build it back faster. I know this is an old thread but it is the only one we have to learn about MCC. Lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.