Traction Blocks installed!

BigRed97

Reaction score
Hi Trevor just wanted to say thanks for the help on the phone today!

Got the bars all in and I cant believe the difference they made with normal driving!! I never realized how much the rear end jumped during a shift!

Also, by shifting the axle one hole forward from center to recenter the wheels in the well it took care of an abnoxious vibration I had!!

.......That being said...

Couple issues

-I had to spend over an hour cleaning all the powder coat out of the threads on the bars to get the rod ends in. Thankfully I had the correct tap and didnt have to go buy one. I also had to redrill most of the holes to get the hardware through. (again due to powder coat) :fustrate:
I would have expected them to be preped better out of the box.

-Please SERIOUSLY consider including some basic install guidlines with the product or on your web site. Such as the starting measurments for the rod ends and shackle angle and rough location of the frame mounts.
Granted it just took a few phone calls but that was down time instead of knowing prior to starting the install.

Overall happy with them and you!

And i'll be ordering some front suspension stuff from you soon

NotStock

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the powder coat in the threads. I have battled this problem for longer than I should. When did you receive this kit? For the last 4 months we have mandated to the shop that does our powder coating to plug the threads prior to sand blasting and to leave them plugged till they are out of the oven. As we assemble and box them (as well as any of our threaded bars) we chase the threads with a new tap. I sincerely apologize for this and we will visit this issue again with our powder coater and see if there is anything else we can do to prevent this in the future.

Point taken on the install instructions. Been working through our product line with them and have made some progress. We will definitely work harder than ever to make that happen. I agree that is a very important item that we lack.

Thanks for the feedback and Im glad you are pleased with the product!

hfoote

Reaction score
Adding to this thread. I to have just installed the same system on my truck. I couldent be happier with the product! Everything about it is awsome. But adding to the above comment, i had to chase every thread and drill out a couple holes due to the powder coat. Other then that no issues! Will be recommending to others and buy more parts from Trevor in the future!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

BigRed97

Reaction score
Trevor. I got them about a week or two before installing them, so early March (possibly last few days of Feb)

Couldn't be happier with they way they perform and look. And I'm still planning on ordering front suspension stuff from you, hopefully soon .

I'll try to snap a few pics of them installed Saturday

NotStock

Reaction score
We will be bringing powder coat in house very soon, I just bought an oven 2 days ago. We added a few more steps of cleaning the threads and the insides of the bars to hopefully prevent any problems in the mean time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online