Tranny limp mode

Spindrift

Reaction score
I was running some errands around town. I put the hammer down and felt a major CLUNK in the tranny. Engine felt like it went into limp mode for a couple seconds...maybe, and then stalled out. Pulled to the side of the road and performed a key off, key on and the truck started right up and away I went.

Maybe the TC is getting ready to crap the bed?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
So the converter failed, and then repaired itself? I don't think so.

This sounds more like an electronics problem. It could be a fault in the tune, or maybe a wiring issue.

PDT1081

Reaction score
I was running some errands around town. I put the hammer down and felt a major CLUNK in the tranny. Engine felt like it went into limp mode for a couple seconds...maybe, and then stalled out. Pulled to the side of the road and performed a key off, key on and the truck started right up and away I went.

Maybe the TC is getting ready to crap the bed?
Whose tuning? Mine has started doing something similar. Seems to get "lost" on downshifts in certain situations. It's almost like it downshifts to 4th with the T/C locked, lugs a little, then unlocks and hits 3rd.

Spindrift

Reaction score
The truck has had the H&S tune since new in 2012. 126K on the clock. 95% of the mileage is towing a 177K pound trailer.

Latest posts

Members online