Transmission Adaptive learning

TD-5

Reaction score
Seen this on another Forum;

" Most custom tuners (even on the sct platform) will disable the adaptive learn function in the TCM and that helps a lot with keeping the shift flares away."

Am I wrong thinking the adaptive transmission learning is still "on" with the H&S tunes?

Attachments

• adapative transmission learning.jpg
    adapative transmission learning.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 137

Gearhead

Reaction score
I limit the amount of pressure that can be removed from a tune but only a slight amount. I like the adaptive because I follow factory methodology when tuning.

ckrueg

Reaction score
So after seeing this thread I made a tune that effectively prevents adaptive pressure. So far I like it, even though it does shift a but hard at low throttle, the shifts are very quick and crisp. Also before I would have the occasional shift flare~maybe a few times a week. So far it's been a week and I've had zero flares.

Kind

Reaction score
To turn off adaptive learning I would just zero out everything related to transmission learning?

ckrueg

Reaction score
To turn off adaptive learning I would just zero out everything related to transmission learning?
I just set the "rpm below to turn off adaptive pressure" from 300 to 3950 and the "rpm above to turn off adaptive pressure" from 3950 to 300. You might have to use a higher rpm than 3950 if you shift later than that. I only shift at 3450 max.

Kind

Reaction score
I just set the "rpm below to turn off adaptive pressure" from 300 to 3950 and the "rpm above to turn off adaptive pressure" from 3950 to 300. You might have to use a higher rpm than 3950 if you shift later than that. I only shift at 3450 max.

Yeah that's basically what I did except I set my turn on rpm at 5000. Haven't really noticed much of a difference. I still get a decent flair on my 3-4 shift. It is less but still present.

Latest posts

Members online