Transmission question

Steamfighter

Reaction score
I notice that if i am on just a slight incline, (more just a slight slope in the driveway) and put the truck in park, I swear it feels like it rolls a foot to 18 inches before it stops.(worse if on a steep incline) Anyone else noticed this. It is enough slop that when I park I am careful to hold the brake and ease it to its stopping point.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
18 inches is quite a bit. Every try using your emergency brake? Im a fanatic about using it in my truck. On an incline, i will put my truck in neutral, apply brake, let brake catch, then put in park. Seems like a hassle, but the process doesnt even catch people attention when riding with me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

quicksilver11

Reaction score
I have to do that with my driveway. It's a 9* slope. But yes, there is a bunch of slop in the parking pawl. I notice it on flat ground to.

Steamfighter

Reaction score
I have to do that with my driveway. It's a 9* slope. But yes, there is a bunch of slop in the parking pawl. I notice it on flat ground to.

Exactly what I am talking about, seems excessive, but my driveway is almost flat and i can notice it big time. My 05 F250 with 210,000 miles on it is tight as the day I got it.

Latest posts

Members online