Tuners?

jkanesmith

Reaction score
I just bought a new 450 and I came from a tuned and d elete d Duramax, so needless to say this one feels SLOW and weak. What do y'all recommend and are there any tunes available for the 17's?
c71daa3108e20dfcd8417d463cbdcae3.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
You're SOL for a few months. No one has cracked tuning for the 17s yet.....

Jomax

Reaction score
I just bought a new 450 and I came from a tuned and d elete d Duramax, so needless to say this one feels SLOW and weak. What do y'all recommend and are there any tunes available for the 17's?
c71daa3108e20dfcd8417d463cbdcae3.jpg

Can't compare a Tuned truck. But stock for stock that 17 will destroy a stock duramax.

There's no tuning yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theplumber

Reaction score
Yes a lot better than my 15 PS. Shift smoother and power is better

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

jkanesmith

Reaction score
jkanesmith, what kind of weight is that loaded up there? 4.30 gears with yours?
Yeah, I think all the 450s come with 4.30s. It's a combined weight of around 33,000 lbs, Monday I'll have my excavator mulcher and it'll be around 37,000 lbs total.

jkanesmith

Reaction score
I like it, slightly over spec Monday ;) haha but love seeing them work. Looks like less squat than my '16 had at 24k lbs
I appreciate it, I'm happy with it so far. Specs are merely a recommendation, but the GVWR is 14000 lbs, and the trailer is 24000 lbs, so my GCWR is 38000 lbs. I SHOULD be ok, besides in TX they go off of your tire ratings for actually being overweight so I'm good there.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Got to love tire weight ratings, good to know for TX.

Keep in mind for your power as well, word from my sales rep (have not looked into it at all or even picked up mine yet and felt it first hand) is that 1st-2nd gear are derated power wise (tq mangement tables likely?) due to big torque, don't get full power until 3rd (likely 3rd locked?) so if you are feeling low on power off the line that may be a big reason for it. Even tuners may be looking to keep this so they don't blow transmissions apart on take off unless someone loads a race tune for their built trans?

jkanesmith

Reaction score
24 or 30K trailer? Those are some Bada$$ mulching setups btw.
24 for now, I'm in the process of opening a trailer dealership so I'm trying to hold out on buying a new one until I get all that lined out. I appreciate it, they're impressive machines but require A TON of maintenance.

austin229

Reaction score
What size is that cat? I'm running a komatsu 88 with a Fecon now, it has impressed me but it needs a Cimaf or Dcr Fecon at least.