unused motor oil

evo45

Reaction score
Im comfortable with you doing it. Im probably not going to.

Ill just buy the damn #2....

That works for me, if you were closer I'd come pick up any wmo you had and dispose of it properly for you!:D

So from what you're saying, if I only wanted to run something like 50/50 then I could just stick with d2 instead of rug? I would really only be doing this to get rid of used oil that I always seem to accumulate. The same going for unused oil as well. I just want to use it up in some way or another and running it in my truck is a very interesting solution. Buying less fuel would just be a bonus to all of it.

If you are using only what you have laying around and it is new clean oil I would run it 50-50% with d2. If you arent out looking for a supply of used motor oil from shops then there is no point in you trying to cut it with rug. With what you have laying around you will save some money and it will keep everything easy filling the truck with half diesel and filling the rest with the oil you have laying around. This would work for any wmo you have but you should run it through a 2micron absolute filter for the used stuff.

colonyofdrones

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you are using only what you have laying around and it is new clean oil I would run it 50-50% with d2. If you arent out looking for a supply of used motor oil from shops then there is no point in you trying to cut it with rug. With what you have laying around you will save some money and it will keep everything easy filling the truck with half diesel and filling the rest with the oil you have laying around. This would work for any wmo you have but you should run it through a 2micron absolute filter for the used stuff.

Thanks for the clarification. That definitely sounds like a feasible solution to my "problem".

glamis

Reaction score
some of you guys are kinda missing the pointe of why we cut the wmo with gas
VISCOSITY,if you take 10 gal wmo and add 10 gal of D2
your mix will be quite alot thicker than just D2.

you need it to be about the same consistancy as D2
itherwise it's hard on the fuel pump,and dosent burn as well
because it dosent atomize as well,being alot thicker

Rustin

Reaction score
It was late and I thought it was about used motor oil! Oops! So I was out of line. My apologies. This is what happens when one does not pay attention to the thread and it's title.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
some of you guys are kinda missing the pointe of why we cut the wmo with gas
VISCOSITY,if you take 10 gal wmo and add 10 gal of D2
your mix will be quite alot thicker than just D2.

you need it to be about the same consistancy as D2
itherwise it's hard on the fuel pump,and dosent burn as well
because it dosent atomize as well,being alot thicker

No, its not that buddy. I understand that you're using a thin, ethereal solvent to 'thin' oil but I didnt lose any mpg's going 50/50....

My thought is that he's using clean, virgin MO and just trying to deplete his supply of what he considers 'of no use'. Now if he drives 300 mile a week he'll go through about 20 gal of oil and he'll be out of it in five weeks.

You're point is a very good one though!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Well the thread doesnt specify as its just in the wmo section. The OP is a 7.3 owner though so there is some relevance here. The 6L I wouldnt do what was suggested in here unless I had a system setup to heat the oil and absolutely great filtration.

Latest posts

Members online