urgent help please

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
2000 superduty idles prefect, throws no codes, free revs perfectly fine.

Will not drive over 30mph, 100% gutless. Foot to floor is no different than half throttle. No smoke or anything ever, Icp is normal for 1500-2000rpm, put foot to floor and just absolutely nothing happens not even a change in motor noise

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
My first thought also, but it read correctly on AE.

I actually dont know what fixed it or if it will come back, but i cleared codes, replaced a blown fuse (shouldnt of had anytihng to do with the power) and cured a small boost leak...

Basically its running how he thinks it always has, but seems extremely low on power and slow to me. Says he got home though.

JLDickmon

Reaction score
what's it got for an exhaust?
If this was a gas motor, I'd be looking at restricted exhaust

Arisley

Reaction score
Could be drawing enough amps that it is blowing fuses. Could be a sign of a pump on the way out or a restriction in the fuel line.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Could be drawing enough amps that it is blowing fuses. Could be a sign of a pump on the way out or a restriction in the fuel line.

Unless its in the tank a restriction shouldnt be the problem, i even tried it with the fuel filter not even in the truck. But the pump may very well be bad

Arisley

Reaction score
There is a "filter" in the tank, it is part of the mixing valve thingy. It is prone to getting clogged. That is unless you have done the Hutch and Harpoon mods already.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Agreed on the fuel pump. Mine did similar and found the power wire for the fuel pump was loose and would drop psi then come back when I hit a bump

Cody

Reaction score
x3 on the fuel pump my truck did this for about a mile, got it home, started it a few hours later, ran fine for 2 miles and boom no more fuel pump

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I replaced the pump and it ran great for 40 miles and now its back to doing the same thing again, blowing fuses pretty soon after you replace it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.