Why I never use 4WheelParts for install!!

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I was reminded yesterday why I have never used 4WheelParts for installation!!

Stopped by there to pick up a new top, floor mats, etc for the Jeep. While I was in there waiting the install guy walked in with a puzzled look on his face and instructions in his hand. I overheard them talking about a truck they were working on in the back. The install guy said "I just don't understand why the coil spring is bowing out so bad and why this part is hitting the shock". There were three of them there scratching their heads. After several comments, and taking turns passing the directions around, one said "well you can try flipping this piece around and see if that helps". Not too bad right? Well then I heard them talking about cutting a coil spring, and weather that would affect anything or not. The last thing I heard before I left was a comment about cutting something and re-welding it. Along with this one guy said "If he would have spent more money and bumped up to Pro-Comp, we wouldn't be cutting or welding anything."

I knew it was time to leave!! LOL

Tom S

Reaction score
I have never been too impressed when I was in the one here in Colorado.

Sprman

Reaction score
last time i got something from there they asked if I wanted them to install it.... I looked at him and said, "no thanks, I'll do it and I'll know it's right". You would have thought I killed a kitten right in front of him from the look on his face. LOL

TripleE44

Reaction score
When I was 16 I had a lift installed on my silverado there. They seemed to do a fine job, but there was a nice new dent in the side of the bed when I got it back. My dad and I both went back up there when I found it and they swore up and down they didn't do it. BS how does one get a dent on the side of a bed 5 feet up and not know it?!?! Other than that I didn't have much of an issue with em. The ProComp lift(big spender over here) was a piece of junk, I had to replace half the lift 6months later with fabtech parts, and no I didn't beat the truck like your normal 16year old. The roughest thing it dealt with was the parking area at my local MX track. Maybe my 4wheel wasn't as bad as yours, or I was too young and dumb to see it... :doh:

abbottfarms

Reaction score
I feel bad for the owner of the vehicle, probably took it there assuming that he was going to have it done right by a big shop...boy do they have something coming...

K_Hood

Reaction score
wow, that's just horrible. :doh: I went there for a few things on one of my old trucks, and they just gave me a puzzled look when I asked about certain parts.

If it isnt a chrome front grille guard or a Pro Comp lift, tire and wheel setup they are clueless.

Latest posts

Members online