x14 in MD

cmattox23

Reaction score
Is anybody running 14 wides in MD? If so, or if you have before, how was your relationship with MSP or any local agency? I belive the fender law is nothing past 2.5" but didn't know if it was really enforced. Would like to hear some feedback.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
I was hit with a repair order for 12 wides. It's honestly dependent upon the cop. I live 1/4 mile from a police precinct and was only bothered once in 3-4 years. 14 wides is probably pushing it without aftermarket flares.

Edit: mine stuck out 1.5" past the fender. And I was pulled over for my third brake light being out. I don't know if they can pull you over for just tired. They'll probably get you for something else then hit the repairs on top.

Last edited:

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
It all depends where you live in MD it seems like. There's a cop here in Hagerstown with a fummins with a hood stack and part of the compressor cover sticking through the hood of his f250. LOL

cmattox23

Reaction score
I was hit with a repair order for 12 wides. It's honestly dependent upon the cop. I live 1/4 mile from a police precinct and was only bothered once in 3-4 years. 14 wides is probably pushing it without aftermarket flares.

Edit: mine stuck out 1.5" past the fender. And I was pulled over for my third brake light being out. I don't know if they can pull you over for just tired. They'll probably get you for something else then hit the repairs on top.

Yeah, I figured it all depends on what kind of mood the cop is in lol. Appreciate the measurement though

It all depends where you live in MD it seems like. There's a cop here in Hagerstown with a fummins with a hood stack and part of the compressor cover sticking through the hood of his f250. LOL

And gets away with the hood stack? Hot damn! lol I'm on the Eastern Shore and don't see many other modified pickups that's why I have to come here to ask.

04cr450

Reaction score
i have no issues hear in md but i also live in the sticks(northern harford county by pa line).. i have 20x12's... 14's are to much in my opinion. width wise unless its lifted 10" or so

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Yeah there are cars and trucks with hood stacks that race on the Dual in Hagerstown and I've never heard of any of them getting hassled.

cmattox23

Reaction score
So while I'm on that subject, does anybody have bumper measurements on their lifted rig? I'm wanting to run a 37" tire but not sure if I can get away with ICON's 7" kit or stick with a 6".

Latest posts