Upgraded to 75 atmo, same mph at track. Thoughts?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Clean filter ? A clogged filter and or a intake that doesn't flow enough ( not in this case ) will effect power. Does it suck the filter minder in after a run ?

ckrueg

Reaction score
Running a new tune with a little more timing and it feels a little stronger. It was 55 degrees Saturday night and peak boost was 52psi. Hope to get new track times this Friday and see how the timing helped.

We tried more PW too, but rail pressure drops to 23k and PW on the minaxx says 2298us at WOT even though tune commands 2400.

Those numbers sound better. Not sure what's happening with the pw and rail pressure but most hot tunes only command 2.2 ms iirc. do you know what timing youre running? those turbos should easily handle stock fuel.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Those numbers sound better. Not sure what's happening with the pw and rail pressure but most hot tunes only command 2.2 ms iirc. do you know what timing youre running? those turbos should easily handle stock fuel.

On the minimaxx is shows 18 degrees timing.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Got those off fine, its the stupid blue clip push button ones I cant get.

Ha those are the easy ones, just push them in ( one button on each side of the line ) and slide it a little towards the pump and pull back away and it should slide off.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Ha those are the easy ones, just push them in ( one button on each side of the line ) and slide it a little towards the pump and pull back away and it should slide off.

A button on each side you say? HAH! I got one off just by squeezing the button I could see, i'll jack with it some more in a day or two. :doh::doh:

Rubenk

Reaction score
Update from tonight.

Changed the tune a little, more PW(2248us) and timing increased. Numbers are looking better.

Peak boost 49psi, but rail was barely holding 22-23k. New best E.T. of 12.51@107mph with 1.75s 60ft. Density altitude = 1269.01 ft, nice and cool tonight @ ~50 degrees.

I was on my 33" all-terrains too as my 20's are getting refinished. Still havent installed LPFP, so thats gonna happen before my next visit.

I now also have a RCD 59 sitting in my living room, so hope to have that on and new numbers before the track closes for winter.

sootie

Reaction score
Increasing pulsewidth is not going to help your low rail pressure scenario. You are leaving power on the table if it is not maintaining 25500-26500 ksi

Rubenk

Reaction score
Increasing pulsewidth is not going to help your low rail pressure scenario. You are leaving power on the table if it is not maintaining 25500-26500 ksi

Agreed, that was actually lowered than the first tune revision at 2400...Had it dropped down, but it wasnt enough, thats just where it landed at. I didnt have any way to get it revised after logging it was 2248us so I ran it.

It does hold 25k rail if I click it down to "street" which is 1800us. My other tune on 2200 hold rail as well.