Upgraded to 75 atmo, same mph at track. Thoughts?

Rubenk

Reaction score
Just throwing a bigger atmo on doesn't mean you automatically going to make more power. You need more fuel to get the most out of that turbo.

What he said.

Yea I get that bigger turbo doesnt mean instant power. But every review and discussion on the big drop-in show gains with them over the 71-73s.

Guys with 71/72's have gone faster than me with less mods. No doubt 75/76 will benefit from more fuel, but it just seems like i'm not even making the power I should yet.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Don't forget you are trying to shove much more air through a stock vgt inlet. Coupled with a larger exhaust housing on the atmo there isn't quiet as much bite for the turbine. It all works together

sootie

Reaction score
Don't forget you are trying to shove much more air through a stock vgt inlet. Coupled with a larger exhaust housing on the atmo there isn't quiet as much bite for the turbine. It all works together

fact is that robbie martin and jeff dodd have gone faster with less turbo

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Why don't you buy my old one and throw it on. You need more fuel to make that 75 sing. The exhaust housing is larger on the 75 then a 71 or 72 so with the smaller drop in you get more work with less flow.

Mine pulled like a freight train but I had larger injectors. Fuel dude.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Why don't you buy my old one and throw it on. You need more fuel to make that 75 sing. The exhaust housing is larger on the 75 then a 71 or 72 so with the smaller drop in you get more work with less flow.

Mine pulled like a freight train but I had larger injectors. Fuel dude.

Old one what?

jcain

Reaction score
Had a chance to run against Jcain's 6.7. He dynoed 661hp at Scheids. He is on 37s(I'm 32s) and is about 1000lbs heavier. We were dead even until very top end I'd barely start pulling away.

Really doesn't seem like I'm making the right power.
I'm only in 35s on 20" wheels(2.5" lift too)
It was very even from a 40mph roll til the needle stopped and then Ruben started inching away on me.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i would watch back pressure. it's prolly very high .

Rubenk

Reaction score
That last truck pull vid I posted is good data to look at. It only sees 67 psi EBP. I'm gonna get my wastegate on and see how messing with VGT affects things.

My bad JCain, thought it was 37s.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Running a new tune with a little more timing and it feels a little stronger. It was 55 degrees Saturday night and peak boost was 52psi. Hope to get new track times this Friday and see how the timing helped.

We tried more PW too, but rail pressure drops to 23k and PW on the minaxx says 2298us at WOT even though tune commands 2400.

Latest posts

Members online