Midwest Diesel shop truck gets a little upgrade.

Reaction score
Little update, took off the turbos. And went a little larger. For those who haven't read to the beginning, we had an s360 and s480 combo.

New turbos are little more naughty....

yhe6uhuz.jpg

usu9e2y4.jpg

We are now at a 63/68/.91-84/88/1.10 setup, billet, balanced 360 thrust.

They are beautiful pieces.

Only took a little under an hour to pop the old ones out.

a9ymape6.jpg

There they are! You can see the new afe custom filter that we are using, it basically is as long as the whole front fender and skinny to fit real nice.

vajy7ymy.jpg

Here they sit all in place. Don't mind the battery cables. Lol it's still a work in progress. It doesn't get attention like a customers truck would. Always last in line.

yba9umam.jpg

Truck feels noticeably stronger on the street. Drivability is nearly unchanged. Although the atmo comes on sooner due to the tighter housing. Best of all it sounds wicked in the cab. The gate is set making around 85 psi total. Pulls very hard. But the poor thing is now pushing coolant. Guess we will take it easy for a while and only run it hard on the dyno. It hasn't even got the spray yet...

Last edited:

Stroked777

Reaction score
Damn man! Looks nice in there. Time for h11s?
Reading back I see it has a "03 spec cam" is that a cam from a 03 6.0? Why that cam? what's the difference

03cody

Reaction score
No joke, it's headed to Schieds right now.

e8y8ygus.jpg

If you don't have a generator, I hope you got a spot! They were starting to get pretty full on the places with electrical last night when I got there. I'm pretty sure when I called yesterday morning they already had 50 of the 94 water/electric spots filled. Crazy! I wasn't planning on taking mine over till Thursday night before I called lol.

Reaction score
If you don't have a generator, I hope you got a spot! They were starting to get pretty full on the places with electrical last night when I got there. I'm pretty sure when I called yesterday morning they already had 50 of the 94 water/electric spots filled. Crazy! I wasn't planning on taking mine over till Thursday night before I called lol.

There's plenty of spots according to my brother. We have the same spot as we always get with water and electricity. We will have five campers there this year. Kinda like a block party

Reaction score
Damn man! Looks nice in there. Time for h11s?
Reading back I see it has a "03 spec cam" is that a cam from a 03 6.0? Why that cam? what's the difference

The 03 cams had a little different profile. There used to be a totally different part number for them. Now it just supersedes to the same. Little things you find out when grinding cams.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Why the change to the bigger chargers? Any issues back pressure or something with the 60 on there? Just asking for reference as I will be upgrading to a smaller high pressure.

madman1234509

Reaction score
It's a little laggy. Not bad and it's an awesome street truck. But it could be better looking at going to a 62-64mm with a smaller exhaust wheel. The truck Morgan posted a video of cruising recently looked to be making about 10lbs cruising. That's about where I want to be. If I'm barely on the throttle just getting up to 55mph I make Like 3-5 lbs.

Members online

No members online now.