Midwest Diesel shop truck gets a little upgrade.

2good2Btru

Reaction score
Gearhead. On the 2nd revision. My biggest issues with the tuning is it still hazes at idle, which I mentioned to him before the revision, and light throttle light load haze getting up to speed, it's slight, but noticeable. I know I need to put heavier springs in my gates to get more adjustment out of the regulator, just haven't gotten around to it. Hoping to keep them closed a bit longer to make more boost. But after talking with you at TS I am definitely putting a smaller hp charger in the truck. Not that it's an issue now. But if I could get more boost, easier down low it'd be perfect. Probably a 62 or 63mm Garrett unit.
What are your turbos again madman? 66/88 borgs?

Note 3

Reaction score
Gearhead. On the 2nd revision. My biggest issues with the tuning is it still hazes at idle, which I mentioned to him before the revision, and light throttle light load haze getting up to speed, it's slight, but noticeable. I know I need to put heavier springs in my gates to get more adjustment out of the regulator, just haven't gotten around to it. Hoping to keep them closed a bit longer to make more boost. But after talking with you at TS I am definitely putting a smaller hp charger in the truck. Not that it's an issue now. But if I could get more boost, easier down low it'd be perfect. Probably a 62 or 63mm Garrett unit.

What tuner? We are using h&s platform. Seems like we've had better results that way.

Matt knocked the engine tune out of the park, first try. Haze at idle is gone. All we see is the haze from the ccv. Ten times cleaner than the h&s can tunes. All we had to change was that he forgot to shut off the code for the turbo. Smooth driving and the shifts are all timed right. In fact I asked him to make them more aggressive and ramp the pressures up to help it hit harder and not slip into the shifts. Other than that it's great and doesn't have to hold the shifts up as high since it spools so well.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yea mine is all on the minimax. He forgot to shut the turbo codes off on mine as well the first time around. I'll just email him again about the haze at idle and what not. I just haven't gotten around to it. Its just crazy that you can clean up the fuel on a big pw tune, 100% nozzles are a crap ton of fuel.

Reaction score
Yea mine is all on the minimax. He forgot to shut the turbo codes off on mine as well the first time around. I'll just email him again about the haze at idle and what not. I just haven't gotten around to it. Its just crazy that you can clean up the fuel on a big pw tune, 100% nozzles are a crap ton of fuel.

Yeah, not sure what he did to the tune. I asked what the pw was and he replied with 2.3. Idk why it runs so clean. But I'll try and get a video. The dyno got pushed off till tomorrow. So hopefully we get some numbers then.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Awesome Morgan. That looks like a nice setup. Good luck on the dyno bud.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

Reaction score
y7e5y6y2.jpg

Here we go!

Reaction score
I see you stopped at a pharmacy to get some diapers so you dont chit yourself!!! lol

Good luck. Give me a call later today if you can??

Haha, yeah. Will give you a call when I get back.

If codys truck makes more than nate tell nate I'll buy him captains all day next weekend! Lol

That will not be necessary.

Well the dyno started off good. Made 660/1121 on the stock pw tune.... Then we have some issues to work out. We were 20psi low from what we are seeing on the street with the big tune. Only made 710 and smoked terrible. Guessing we have a boost leak or trans is slipping. Didn't have time to work on it so we will do some more in the near future. It will hit the rollers again next month and again in september. Hopefully have it dialed in by then. But 660/1121 on the stock pw tune makes me giggle. Lots more to come.

Latest posts

Members online