1000 RWHP Build for the summer

ingrahams

Reaction score
well I think the street tune will still have around 700-800 HP which more than enough to get in trouble with, and my motorcycle will be in the back and I don't know how well the ratchet straps will hold at full power.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Unless you do boosted launches and even then I don't think it will be an issue

dont usually say this, but i would keep the power in the mid 7's for the most part. and dont kick its ass too bad. stuff just loves to break over 800 and heavy.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
dont usually say this, but i would keep the power in the mid 7's for the most part. and dont kick its ass too bad. stuff just loves to break over 800 and heavy.

I agree with you. That's why I don't have a dd 6.4 anymore

ingrahams

Reaction score
Well things are moving forward with the build bit by bit, motor is back from the machine shop and should be getting assembled this week hopefully. The roll bar should also be done this week as well with any luck, the only thing that is holding us back is the trans, been waiting for BTS to get these new aermet-100 shafts made. last Buddy heard Brian was testing a prototype in his truck so hopefully things go well and the tranny gets finished this month.

ingrahams

Reaction score
photo11_zps470ba376.jpg

Reaction score
Those are some shiny pistons in there. Mind my asking why the block wasn't zero decked?

I've never seen a 6.4 that didn't have the pistons protruding past zero deck. My guess it that its not all the way at tdc. 0.030" is pretty common outta the hole measurement with HD pistons and a standard deck. Most of the time when we mill the blocks we mill the pistons to match.

Not to nit pick but it does look like the end of the crank is rusty. Or is that just some packing grease?

Wayne

Reaction score
I just meant resurface the deck of the block. With being that far in, even if the block is within spec, (it usually is) it's a better seal. Obviously the pistons need an equal amount cut for clearance though. Just curious. Not worth any more derail from the build.

Latest posts

Members online