38R & WW2

1ofakind79

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Bob. He is sending me out a new wheel tomorrow even though I messed it up the other wheel. Dieselsite has great customer service. Bob told me that the wrong wheel got put into a 38r box. He assured me that there is no way that this kind of mix up happed at the machine shop. He assured me that this was deffinately not marked as a 38r wheel. Thanks in advance Bob I will be ordering from Dieselsite again for sure.

Dieselsite

Reaction score
There is no "machine shop" disaster. :) Someone grabbed a 6.0L wheel and put in a 38R box. I'm taking care of it and sending Nick a new wheel. Pretty sure it was buggered up before he knew it was wrong. No big deal.

Bob

1ofakind79

Reaction score
stand up dude right there. i commend you sir

Yes Bob is a great guy to deal with. I will be buying from him again for sure.

On a side note if you run the wrong rotation wheel in your turbo it must create a draw enough to pull several quarts of oil through the motor. My intercooler pipes and boots are dripping with oil and they were clean this morning.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
couple days old i know but i was just skimming through the threads.... that was a messed up ordeal! no doubt about it bob made it right! good deal for sure...

op, report back and let us know how you like it!!

skylinedan

Reaction score
I,m gonna go with a 38r, WW II combination real soon here. Right now Ive got a 115 non waste gated van turbo with a ATS housing and stock wheel. For the hwy its a good set up, but in town its too laggy. I get it all done I,ll let ya guys know how it works with what I got for a set up. Really interested to see how it performs compared to the currant one.
Dan

CanadianPS

Reaction score
Dan, if your running stock injectors you probably won't notice a huge difference, but the turbo won't be hating life over boosting like the factor turbo. Just my 2 cents.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I,m gonna go with a 38r, WW II combination real soon here. Right now Ive got a 115 non waste gated van turbo with a ATS housing and stock wheel. For the hwy its a good set up, but in town its too laggy. I get it all done I,ll let ya guys know how it works with what I got for a set up. Really interested to see how it performs compared to the currant one.
Dan

call barder turbo... he can mill your ats housing to accept the new 38r billet wheel... van turbo has a bigger turbine wheel by a couple mm, so in a perfect world it would be better then a 38r.... i was going to have him build me the exact turbo you have with a ported housing milled to put in the 38r wheel for my 01 when i was going to go workstock with it...

live life full throttle

big_stroker

Reaction score
I've been away and off the site for a while and just reading this and checking up on some stuff and this looks like something i might have to save a little money and get one soon.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is amazed that the truck made 7psi of boost with the wheel like that? Seems like it may make 7psi if you are looking at atmospheric pressure...

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im guessing because it.doesnt do much. The sound difference.is a welcome.change. Less siren whistle.

Latest posts

Members online