6.4 pull truck mild build

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Pistons and cam are in, heads come back from the machine shop tomorrow hopefully, what are most guys using for prepping the block surfaces before installing the heads? I read mixed reviews about a lot of different ways, don't really want to be spending 2-3 hours on each side lol here at work we use these http://3mcollision.com/products/abr...e-roloc-bristle-disc-07524-2-inch-coarse.html ....never had any problems but wanted to make sure first, note-I'm not new to using these bristle discs I use them probably twice a week. Any input would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Heads are back on, should have a fully assembled pic by the weekend. Plan on dropping the motor and trans back in Sunday if all goes well.
e2u6ysaj.jpg

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Thanks! Come a long way in the last 2 weeks, the warmer weather has pushed me to get this thing back together, all parts are in except the turbo kit and up-pipes, went with a 2200 stall precision convertor, fluidampr instead of the ati and a suncoast flex plate.
9upyquru.jpg

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Took me awhile to get the colour right where I wanted it but I love how it turned out, can't wait to drop it back in!

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
I ordered the ati originally in February from a local shop I think he ordered it direct from ati and it was on back order for over 2 months, he cancelled it and got me the fluidampr next day.

Taylor D

Reaction score
I ordered the ati originally in February from a local shop I think he ordered it direct from ati and it was on back order for over 2 months, he cancelled it and got me the fluidampr next day.

Okay just making sure you didn't have a horror story about the ATI lol just installed one on my 6.4

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.