6.4 pull truck mild build

97stoker350

Reaction score
Do you believe everything you read on the internet? Have you personnaly had problems with the fluidampr and do you believe everything everyone says? Not doubting your experience and your intelliegence with these machines but I'm sure you know as well as anyone that every unit made by anyone is not perfect..

Reaction score
Do you believe everything you read on the internet? Have you personnaly had problems with the fluidampr and do you believe everything everyone says? Not doubting your experience and your intelliegence with these machines but I'm sure you know as well as anyone that every unit made by anyone is not perfect..

No,

Yes,

No,

I understand your skepticism.

I built gas engines before this and I have had plenty of experiences with both.

Do what you wish. I have a whole list of reasons that I don't care to explain on here. That's why I posted for you to google on your own.

I'm not going to openly bash anyone's product on the internet. Do your own research or call someone with experience. I dealt with this long ago. Maybe they have gotten better but my mind has been made up a while ago.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
No,

Yes,

No,

I understand your skepticism.

I built gas engines before this and I have had plenty of experiences with both.

Do what you wish. I have a whole list of reasons that I don't care to explain on here. That's why I posted for you to google on your own.

I'm not going to openly bash anyone's product on the internet. Do your own research or call someone with experience. I dealt with this long ago. Maybe they have gotten better but my mind has been made up a while ago.

I had quite a plethora of 6.0s with fluiddampers last year kill LPOP. They've been doing it for years. That's enough for me to steer clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Fell a week behind waiting on a few parts for the transmission and engine, but got my rcd up pipes and midwest turbo kit installed this weekend, coated 6.0 manifolds buttoned up, and mpd regulated return mocked up on the motor, turbo ordered it should be here by the end of the week hopefully.
zeduhu7e.jpg

ryha2eha.jpg

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
wish i coulda supplied you wih a cold side kit !! looks great man !

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
wish i coulda supplied you wih a cold side kit !! looks great man !

Thanks! Fwiw I only bought the flo pro kit cause my egr valve crapped out a week after I bought the truck and I needed a elbow and full egr delete so i went with the dirty diesels kit to get me back on the road, I'll be seeing you for a cold side and hot side pipe once I recoup some funds from this build lol

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Put in a lot of work last 3 days, transmission done, had a few problems with my precision converter but got it figured out and dropped it all back in last night, hope to have it running by the end of next weekend as long as my turbo shows up this week
e5u9a9eg.jpg

7ereqe7e.jpg

B585Ford

Reaction score
Looking good...and you aint wastin no time. Looking forward to the end result.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if I need the egt sensor in the passenger side up pipe? It was seized in the old pipe so bad that by the time I heated it up a few times and got it out the threads were junk, think they're around $100 at ford, if I just plugged the hole where it goes in the new up pipe and connected the sensor and tied it up out of the way would the truck run fine without it? I already have a egt sensor threaded into the drivers side manifold for my edge cts monitor

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
it will run fine. no codes.

Thanks for the quick reply, thats what i was hoping for, id hate to waste $100 on a part i dont need lol

And what are you going to do about a ebp sensor?

Jared from river city told me to relocate it to the port in the drivers side of the 6.0 manifolds i put on, seemed to work just fine.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Good news and bad, this showed up today finally
gepumuty.jpg

Bad news is they sent me a s476 instead of a s472, had a few guys tell me to try it out and see how it works, but after all my research I felt the 72 was the max size I wanted to do on stock fuel for now, it does have the larger 87mm turbine wheel, with a 1.0 housing. What do you guys think? It will be going back asap, hopefully they can get me the right size quickly, the truck is pretty much ready to fire up, minus having no turbo.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
I wouldn't run it, especially on stock fuel.

That's a bummer buddy... Hope they get it back to you quick!

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was thinking, I don't want it to be a laggy pig, not sure how they got the order mixed up but they're hoping to have me another turbo by Tuesday..shame to send it back..it's a nice turbo lol

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Sent the turbo back to bullseye to have the cover and wheel changed to a 72...took a few days to get everything figured out but it should be back by the end of this week...on another note after talking to a few people I've decided to throw the stock turbos back on for now to break in the motor and get the truck back on the road for an event this Friday, just waiting on a oil feed line for the stock turbos, hoping to fire it up tomorrow night. This is what it looks like now.
u5ada3u2.jpg

ty9esaru.jpg

7azeqepy.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.