6.7 High Idle

STX79

Reaction score
me6upy3a.jpg

Here we go again, the high idle has been on all three times. I will have owned the the truck three weeks tomorrow, miss my Cummins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
something must not be right with how its wired or something, I remember some code i was getting from the high idle when i wired the potentiometer incorrectly

STX79

Reaction score
I wired my the exact same way I did my buddies 13, he has no issues but mine is a 14. I doubt it has to do with the idle but it might. Just frustrating either way, I am really liking the truck other than this issue.

STX79

Reaction score
Well I went a little over a week and put about 1,600 miles on it. No issues so today I tried the high idle again, about 5 minutes into it I got a check engine light on. It has to be my issue, how long does the light stay on before it turns itself off?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
depends on what kinda drive cycle that code requires but i would think after 3 drive cycles is what it will take

STX79

Reaction score
I took all the high idle stuff out, if it comes on again without it they are giving me another truck.

montana6.4

Reaction score
What are you guys seeing for boost readings when high idle is on. I used a 22k resistor so its right around 1100 rpms and getting 5lbs boost reading. Normal??

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Yeah mine will sit there at 5lbs and open and close the vanes every 30 seconds since it builds so much boost lol. Once it gets warmer it will turn down to 3-4.....

Latest posts

Members online